Thread: Easy way to stop smoking

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, you're doing a good job of it. Keep up the good work

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Well, you're doing a good job of it. Keep up the good work
    Does that mean you'll be reading the book soon?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It's not at the top of my to-do list right now, but it's on there

Thanks
    Nooo Dave! The Banished? Like a keyboard I work on prompts and words like the banished, rebels, fringes of society serve as motivation to keep on smoking and what about the mere thought of my absolute irrevocable hero, WInston Churchill? If I read his words I can actually smell the cigar smoke lazily curling in the air. Boy do I dig cherry cigars!

But it is true, smokers unite, and they can tell us it is the chemical's effect on the brain etc. that create almost an instant bond, but it isn't. Naively we assume that if the other person is smoking, he must be fundamentally okay, birds of a feather etc.

In my field I have to deal with men, and only have little contact with women, so smoking has served it's purpose in that regard. Puffing away with the men make them relax with me, and acceptance come easy. I am also reminded of my dad always popping round to Trevor Manuel's office, and as they were both smokers, they would go off for a smoley, where it is said that everyone else had great difficulties seeing the man.

We went to look at new premises on Mon, and the business owners flowing outside for a smoke was also an indication to my mind that to smoke in certain circles is a social imperative.

But let's give kernel32 his due -- he has flushed out two smokers thus far, so where are all the others? mmmm.....

Thanks
    Oh what a good excuse, may I quote you? Not on the top of my list - yeah I can work with that one

Thanks
    I have also tried the spray, the gum, the pills and my personal favourite -- the fake cigarette Guess dave and I should save our excuses and reasons for the book, but it is very selfless of you to devote your time to this thread, and how wonderful to do this in the knowledge(not hope) that you will save one person.

One would think that standing by my dad's bed with him looking me in the eye and saying: 'guess I killed myself with smoking?', would serve as enough motivation, but what did I do but go outside and light up?

You keep on nagging and pushing kernel32, iv learned in the end it is not so much what you say and do, but the thought that you really care that reach people.

Of course my method once I receive my book will be to use brute force on the 4 men I work with every day [ insert the sound of whiplash here ] Now i must just quickly get a hold of hubby's credit card for Kalahari books.......once again i forgot my paypal password

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta Murray View Post
    I am also reminded of my dad always popping round to Trevor Manuel's office, and as they were both smokers, they would go off for a smoley, where it is said that everyone else had great difficulties seeing the man.
    Trevor smokes (used to smoke)? Now the whole "sins tax" makes perfect sense to me! Allan Carr states in his book that there is no bigger smoke hater than an ex-smoker (except the ones that quit with his method). I have after previous attempts found myself to hate smoke and smokers in general, but not anymore. I hope by giving away small details of the book, I will get you guys curious enough to read it

Thanks
    Now i must just quickly get a hold of hubby's credit card for Kalahari books.......once again i forgot my paypal password
    Try exclusive books. If they don't have the book in stock, they can get it to your closest branch within a few days. I used to get most of my books through them. Saved me money on delivery etc. *takes a bow after squashing another excuse*

To be honest with you, I never really cared about my health or the health of those around me. I heard horror stories about people getting sick and dying of smoking (and other addictions), but it didn't really affect (not enough to quit any of my addictions). One revelation after another has brought me to where I am now. I think I've achieved more the past month than in the past 10 years. I have kicked more than the smoking habit, but I will leave that for another discussion in the near future.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Oh what a good excuse, may I quote you?
    Aaargh! Should have put a copyright notice on that - could have made a fortune

I formally release it to the public domain. May all procrastinators use it to their heart's discontent

Thanks
    there is no bigger smoke hater than an ex-smoker

Did it, cold turkey, 10 years ago and don't miss it a bit. I tell my smoker friends that I don't mind them smoking - they can burst into flames as well if they want. I find that I have replaced my craving for smokes with a craving to strangle smokers. Not so much because they destroying their own lives but because they are a threat to mine...........OK stop there before this post gets toooo long and you run out of points here. Oh well at least you guys smoking don't get to me on my side of the computer fence here. haha.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast