I heard on the radio (dangerous I know) that PPI had increased to 16.4%. No other info so I did some searching and found this.
But according to van Dyk, hefty rises in steel prices was the main culprit for the "large increase" in PPI.

She said that the double-digit rise in the steel price announced in May - which is approximately 18% across a range of steel products - by a leading steel producer was key to the larger-than-expected increase in the PPI in May.

"The steel price increase, the fourth for 2008, was on the back of rising world steel prices and the rand's relative weakness on a year-to-date basis", she said.

These increases coincided with Statistics SA's quarterly price survey, which led to such a hefty adjustment in the PPI, as basic iron and steel accounts for around 4.12% of the total index, she said.

As such, the basic metals component contributed 3.2 percentage points to the 4.9% month-on-month increase. These developments reflect the vulnerability of producer inflation data to fluctuations in commodity prices, which currently is in a protracted boom phase.

"If excluded, PPI would have eased to 12.2% year-on-year," said van Dyk. Fin24 article
So instead of reporting this anomaly/snafu they blow up what this will do to interest rates, then the idiot economists without looking at facts support this.Where is the indepth reporting it was easy for me to find this