Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you search for?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Duncan, I have been giving this a lot of thought as there was something that I was interested in, but would assume that it would be too expensive to seek a professional consultant that it would be unrealistic to even try, let alone to focus on what "words" I would search on.

I would think it needs to be as simple as possible.

Would you be interested in using my "interest" as a test case, if so send me an e-mail - perhaps we can do it as a "joint" venture! Note I am not seeking any financial backing.

Yvonne

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan drennan View Post
    I'm slowly building content via my blog, and that is working very well.
    Will you be selling your services from your blog or your site? Because if you are dealing with engineering I would assume you have a main site and the blog should be a supporting factor in you SEO efforts and profile building efforts.

Now who you are selling to also makes a major difference. To take what Yvonne said into context, if you are talking expensive (and engineerings solutions should be..... it goes with the territory), it is likely that you are talking to people that have a lot of money, that would fall under medium to large sized companies.

If that is the case, then you have to have an appropriate site and your traffic should in theory to go there not your blog and then your blog should be an seo tool and a place for people to learn to know you better a place where you show what one calls the "human face".

Marketing to medium and large companies unfortunately is not the same as small companies. They are a different animal and are still looking for the corporate look and case studies and much more stuff of that nature.

To get an idea to what I mean you may want to take a look at this http://www.inwords.co.za.

But imho, you are not ready yet from what you are saying here, to either put a site nor to work on seo because your thoughts are still at the foundation phase. Now, there is nothing wrong with this, but remember that if you do something it will start ranking and then you have to start all over again if you thought process was not finalized yet at least at what we call "first draft" or "initial market analysis".
    Last edited by Karenwhe; 26-Jun-08 at 10:27 AM.

Suspended
    Thanks

What would you search for?

i am looking for web host . as i want to earn some money by working on internet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12