Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how about this one...is it a scam or what?

Thanks

MLM

Garth, you touch an interesting point.
    If you do an online MLM where you sign up and get our own unique link, like for example BeMotivatedToday, and you promote your link it is in fact nothing different from an affiliate program.

The only difference there is, is that with an online MLM the company split the commission between a number of people (9 in above example) instead of giving it to one person.

But what always amazes me is the point you mentioned. The moment you ad more levels people put on their eye caps, jump up and down, scream pyramid pyramid without even knowing what a pyramid is.

In my opinion an online MLM that works this way is nothing else than a multi tiered affiliate program.

(By the way, the owner of BeMotivatedToday do not like to call his business a MLM, he says it is a multi tiered affiliate program and not a MLM, I agree with him)

I have even seen people frown upon a 2 tier affiliate program. I cannot understand why it is so hard for people to accept that it is OK for them to make money from other people's efforts.

Talking about the guy at the top getting the most money, this is also a very good excuse people always use not to get involved in MLM.

Have you ever concidered any big stable well run company.
    We can call the company in our example Pick & Pay, Vodacom, whateveryouwant, etc.
    At the top we have the CEO, then we have the directors like the marketing, financial, etc directors. Then perhaps your provincial managers, followed by your store managers, followed by the floor managers followed by the people who is actually doing the job, the workers. So can you see that we have a perfect 6 levels pyramid scheme. Now, who is doing most of the work? Level 6 of course, the workers. BUT, who is earing the most money? The guy at the top of course! So is this illegal? We have a pyramid structure AND the guy at the top earns the most?

If people remove their eye caps and stop listening to their neighbours, brother, mother in-law, etc there can be much more wealthy people in this country.
    Last edited by Dave A; 01-Mar-09 at 06:10 PM. Reason: seo adjustment
    Only Dead Fish go with the Flow
    http://www.4x4direct.co.za/

Thanks
    Yup agreed, absolutely... companies (and i also run one so guilty) are the largest MLM culprits, just not called MLM, called a job . You and i agree on the same points, no doubt...
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    What I don't understand is this whole system works on honesty. (I'm not a pessimist just cautious. In fact most times I'm usually too trusting ) Why on earth would one want to pay those people when you can fill in 3 names of your own 3 bank accounts and get all the profits. If there was a way to only send the letters to other people when you have paid it would be fool proof
    once there was a man. the end.

Thanks

Chain Letter

My thoughts exactly.
    There are hundreds of versions of these letter and I actually was involved in this many many years ago before the Internet when we still did it by normal mail. At the time I was a student and was not aware that such a good idea was illegal.

So some of the letters said that you must remember, if you cheat and fill in your details where it does not belong, bad luck will fall upon you.

Others said that you must remember that it would not be fair to others and put yourself in their shoes, what would you do if others do that to the letter you send them.

Then on the electronic side I saw one letter was sent in PDF format and you have to use your email address as ref when you make the deposit. The guy will then email you the word version so that you can edit it, create a pdf and then spread it. BUT I received that letter in word format so obviously somewhere along the way people did not know how to create pdf files or did not know what to do. Even if it is in pdf format you can still print it out and re-type it or scan it in with character recocnision.

So I do not think there is a way you can control it 100%

What I can also tell you is that I think 80% of the people will be honest and follow the Instructions and only 20% will have the entrepreneural spirit to get more out of it.

If I look at the junk people forward you, perhaps you can add a line saying "Remember not to cheat, this document contains an automatic tracking code and it will be detected". I mean if people can believe that Microsoft, CellC or whatever other companies can track the stupid email you have to forward in order to get a cell phone or $20 per email you forward, then they will believe that as well.
    Only Dead Fish go with the Flow
    http://www.4x4direct.co.za/

5. Thanks given for this post:

Graeme (01-Mar-09)

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I've been thinking about this. If there was a certain way to ensure that you and the 'upline' get paid would you go for it?

Sorry to wake a sleeping dog, but I've just had an idea.
    once there was a man. the end.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Other than shuffling money around, how is it adding value to the world?

Thanks
    None! Thats probably why they just dont work. In theory, it looks great on paper but you are not giving money for anything so why do you, but you will gladly pass the letter I'd feel better gving the money to SPCA, at least i know the benefit
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Thanks

Angry Is this a scam???

Hi there,
    In reply to this "old" so called money spinner, don't even bother. I know of quite a few people who were targeted and guess what. They all lost there money.

CharlotteB

Suspended
    Thanks
    You’re are overestimating honesty and underestimating greed. Facts are there are real-world ways to generate wealth it is easy simple and effective... It is so simple to make a million it is funny... But the thing is: who gets that million first. I want it because I have this and that going but you want it because you have that and this going now multiply this with your targeted investment community and you have disorder lawsuits and bust goes the millions that could have helped us all.

The fact is wealth generation is extremely simple BUT it if you factor in the human mindset everything becomes a mess. Scam or no scam humans are unpredictable... The reason why big companies make big money is because! They are in control! It is simple If you have control you have wealth generation! Lose control and bust goes the bank!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm trying to go fishing here for more details at the moment. But it's much the same thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12