Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch out!!!....warned is forearmed.!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This just in:
    Hello Dave,

Thank you for your emailnotifying us of the services of one of our Google AdWords advertisers, that you believe are deceptive.

The AdWords program provides a venue for companies to advertise their services. We value customer service and hope our advertisers will provide quality care to our users. However, we are not responsible for nor are we able to monitor the actions of each company.

In response to your email, I will review this advertiser's account to check for incongruities. However, I suggest that you contact the Better Business Bureau or Consumer Affairs division of the city where the company is located, as they will be able to investigate your case and act on your behalf. Such organizations provide a more effective forum for addressing cases of consumer dissatisfaction.

Sincerely,

Preeti
    The Google AdWords Team

Suspended
    Thanks

quickiqquiz scam

also got caught however did send stop to 31947 at a cost of R1.00 no worries I just want this stopped and not have to pay R4.99 per day for this iq quiz, so warning to all other persons out there that migth get caught as well will check my statment and see what I was charged for this silly mistake.

Suspended
    Thanks
    also fell for the same trick, just hope I never said ok to terms and conditions, but the pin would not work, but i got a sms saying send stop to some number to unsubscribe, prayng that it has now been cancelled, will check my cell phone account very careful end of the month.
    i wonder who we could contact if it just does not get un subscribed, any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharlene striepe View Post
    i wonder who we could contact if it just does not get un subscribed, any ideas?
    I would think the place to start would be your cellphone service provider.

I've got an update of sorts on this story. As a publisher, I can block ads by the site they link to. I actually blocked the site complained about in my Google Adwords account. Google whined that I'd blocked a good performing ad, but I stuck to my guns. However, it seems there are multiple domains being used. At least the one claiming a message in your inbox disappeared which I think was the most "misleading," but banner ads kept coming up that were obviously for a similar program.

There must be good money to be made in this sms subscription game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12