Thread: currently, the best looking cars on SA roads - your view?

Suspended
    Thanks

Cool currently, the best looking cars on SA roads - your view?

I feel that the last range of good looking Toyotas were around 2003 (the RXi) and the earlier Camry which wasnt really hot but not ugly too.

I dont know what happened to Toyotas recently - The Run-X , The Yaris , and OOh no! .......the new Corollas. Whats going on with the design of Toyotas.

My view is that the best looking standard cars currently (2008) on the SA roads are VW, Audi, Mercs and BMWs. Amongst them the VW are also affordable to the middle income, and VW were always good looking anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    From today's fact-a-day:
    1.3 million South Africans drive Toyotas, roughly equal to the sum of the next two most popular manufacturers, VW and Nissan. (AMPS 2007RA)
    I guess Toyota is still doing OK

The Yaris sure is an odd one. I had one as a hire car a couple of weeks ago. For starters, that centre console thing takes a bit of getting used to.

Thanks
    I am really battling to find a car that really interest me. The new 5 series is ugly as can come to me and I do not even mention Jetta, Passat, Toyota, Mazda and Honda. The new C-Class is pretty ok, but I have a issue driving Merc. simply because of Kimi and Mika. But a car that truly knocked my wind out was the latest Audi's. They must be by far the most beautifull cars on the road. The brand new A4 is a knockout. Pitty Audi change their shapes so often, else I might have considdered buying one.
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Thanks
    Roelof - Iv'e owned a 500e Audi for 17 years; I am quite convinced that it is one of the finest cars ever built - its got everything: power, comfort, superb brakes and roadholding, looks as good today as it did in 1991, and the build quality is wonderful.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. Just how far off main stream are we allowed to go with this. For instance, Jaguar has produced a few beauties of late. I was getting worried that they'd lost their sense of taste there for a while.

Then there is some Renault, forget the model name for now, but it's styled like a street racer. Apparently it doesn't drive like one though, which is a pity. Closest thing to a hatchback that actually looks good. Oh - maybe I'm being cruel. The VW Golf as it is styled nowadays is not too bad. For some reason, I've never really been a fan of hatchbacks.

Next, the Chev Captiva. Grunt with style, features and a very reasonable price tag - but fuel prices will probably kill the resale value of this one even more than the fact that it's a Chev.

Thanks
    I am trying to stay realistic here, I like Audi and I agree with you on the Jaguar Dave, really nice especialy the XK and the XF all I can say is WOW!
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.