Thread: interest and penalties

Suspended
    Thanks

interest and penalties

i received a letter from sars stating that i owe them R311.12...for taxes in september last year...so i go back and find a cheque which was written sent in... but returned because one letter was darker than the others...a new cheque was submitted and banked 1 month later...now almost a year later i get a letter from them stating i owe them penealites and interest...now i know why the goverment has billions in suplus funds...how many other people are receiving these kind of letters...i got no problem paying i month interest on the outstanding...but why must i now have to pay months of interest and penalties because the sars office only send it this late.

if you dont pay... the interest and penalities just grow...i wish i could do this to all the people who owe me money.

Thanks
    Pay the money, but also write a letter to motivate why the penalties should be waived. My dad wrote one at one stage, because he hadn't submitted returns for 3 or 4 years (or something like that). He said that if he had to pay the penalties it would result in a loss for SARS, as his wife would kill him . In their interests it would be better to keep him alive and paying taxes. The penalties were waived.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan drennan View Post
    He said that if he had to pay the penalties it would result in a loss for SARS, as his wife would kill him . In their interests it would be better to keep him alive and paying taxes. The penalties were waived.
    Great response from your dad and SARS
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.