Thread: load shedding

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Suspended
    Thanks

load shedding

As i mentioned before winter is coming and so is the load shedding...dont get caught this time...the prices are neg. at the moment but in a couple of weeks time there is going to be a huge demand for generators...invertors...batteries...backup battery lights...and dont forget to fill your gas bottles...this time the prices will go through the roof so dont say i didnt warn you.

becareful of modified sine wave invertors there have been a lot of come backs and the tedelex unit promises 6-8 hours...a battery can only hold a certain amount of charge...if you only have one light connect it will only use a small amount of power...if you connect 20 light the battery will go flat quickly...use your head people you dont need to be a brain surgoen to work this one out...but i have found people rush out not thinking and just buy anything because they didnt prepare themselves....that is why i am typing this thread so you dont get caught...prepare yourself watch the TV between 6/7 and you will see the electricity demand is back in the brown again.

if you plan on having a generator installed make sure the person carrying out the installation is suitable qualified...in fact any electrical installation must have the correctly skilled person doing various work...ie if the person is connecting in the electrical box and it has live wires only a qualified electrician is allowed to perform this work not the elconop 3 or 2 or 1 and especially not the labourer...every single skilled or semi skilled electrical worker must carry a valid compitency card around with him...which should be dispayed at all times while working on site.

the electrical company must be registered with the electrical contractors board...they do not have to be ECA members.

i have found another problem...a company used me to go to site and quote for work....he then informed the customer that i had all the neccessary qualifications and was registered then when the generator arrives uses anyone off the street to do the installation or carries out the installation himself...i have since been back to an installation done by this person and would highly recommend you dont use this company...i am not going to mention this companies name but will tell you that they are doing installation all over durban...my advice please make sure the person carrying out the installation is qualified...by means of card which should be worn at all times...or contact the ECA or ECB on 031-3126313 and find out if the company and staff working on site are registered and qualified to perform the work they are doing.

lots of electrical contractors drop off staff on site who do not have the correct skills and then charge you an electricians rate.

another problem i have found is companies pick up staff on the side of the road who then work in your house and then it normally takes 2 -3 weeks and your house or property is broken into.

be careful electricity kills people and burns down houses and structures.

there seem to be a lot of used car sales men selling generators at the moment because man they can bullsh*t people with their limited knowledge.

beware of chinese junk they are short term solutions...you get what you pay for.

if you are planning on building a house make sure you make provisions for a backup system even if you dont install it...put all the piping in...it is a small additional cost compared to what you will pay to install later...and it will look alot neater.

dont say you i didnt warn you!

2. Thanks given for this post:

Karenwhe (27-May-08)