Thread: ALEX - The New Frontier!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Suspended
    Thanks

ALEX - The New Frontier!

It is with sadness I note the violence and xenophobia in Alexandra Township being reported in our media here in the UK. I remember being foreign once in RSA.

Owing to my professional connections I did not get to mingle much with other Black people. Yet one could hear the muted conversations in the corridors and shebeens whenever someone different yet physiologically similar presented themselves. I felt it in Vosloorus, Soweto, Mandeni, Emalahleni etc!

My children are SA-born of a South African mother and even they did not escape name-calling from even their grand parents. All because of me and my origins! I thank them!

But none asked the right questions so my story is still untold. So is that of many others. Some come out of necessity, others to perpetrate their crooked trades! One brush paints ALL?

Place me then Oh South Africa. A mere 200 years ago my paternal great-grandfather was esteemed on a par with Shaka. Still is! His aspirations (wrong or right) re-shaped Transvaal, Limpopo and a more than fair share of Southern Africa. My maternal grandside has white and Zimbabwean blood running through it. Am I that foreign? If we were to go by the pre-colonial rules - would not I own a large chunk of South Africa now? But it is daft. That day is gone! Africa runs the HIGH risk of missing the boat of the New World Order by ignoring the very attributes that made us people - UBUNTU!

I feel safe. I live in England! But what of that poor neighbour of yours? Is it an action arising from the educated musings and mutterings of the No Crisis man!

2. Thank given for this post:

Chatmaster (16-May-08), Dave A (14-May-08)

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.