Hi there, I hope someone can help me as I am at the end of my wits with SARS. I have experienced the worst nightmare ever in the last few weeks with SARS and wish to know what I can do and what my rights are. SARS sent me a final notice to pay R78,000 immediately or action will be taken. The fact is, I have no idea what SARS is claiming for; I have received no assessment, no communication, no letter prior to this other than this letter. This stems from my returns from the 2005 & 2006 tax years where SARS have made mistakes in taxing me on lump sum payments for retrenchment & pension where the tax have already been taken into consideration. My tax consultant have submitted numerous requests for re-assessment and to date have not received any notification from SARS for these and now I have this looming R78,000 that needs to be paid - or else!!! I am really at my wits end and short of telling the SARS staff exactly what I think of them and know this will not help my case. Thank goodness I have a tax consultant that is dealing with this on my behalf, although we are not getting anywhere. It has been 2 weeks since this letter and numerous faxes with information and to no avail - there is absolutely no response from the SARS person... What is my rights and what should I do next... thank you... Veroshka