Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SARS Conduct & Assessments

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry to hear you are going through a tough patch, Veroshka. May things turn for you soon.

Looking at it from the tax consultant's side, they also need to be assured that their bill will be paid too. It may be why they are just doing the basics to see this through. I expect for them to stand in a SARS queue and get it resolved pronto could have a hefty cost attached.

If you have the time, maybe if you just run backwards and forwards between SARS and your tax consultant to drive things forward. Whenever SARS raises something you're not sure of, get back to your tax consultant. It's about the only thing I can think of to speed things up without running up another bill with it.

I know it's irritating, but life can be like that at times. You just have to take the bull by the horns and wrestle as best you can. My experience is the more you apply yourself, the less resistance life gives you.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Thanks Duncan, am trying my best and will keep you guys informed of progress, or non-progress. I think the only thing I can really do is have myself declared insolvent (nearly typed incompetent - ha-ha) but I believe this you can only do if you own assets such as property etc.? Have been on the internet to try and find some info on this law and process, but again a government department - therefore not available!!! How do you win these battles if you cannot find the ammunition, nor the support? thanks again, Veroshka

Email problem
    Thanks
    Apologies Dave, did not see your post until after I responded. Thank you so much for the encouragement and will do the best I can. It is a little difficult looking after two pensioners during the day, however will have to do what I can to resolve this... If I lose this place then not only will I be unemployed but homeless as well (hmm) - not a nice prospect... One question I do have, can SARS send you to jail? Thanks again, Veroshka

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At the moment you can't go to jail for debt.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Not sure if you have by now managed to sort out your problems with SARS? If not, contact SSMO (SARS Service Monitoring Office) - 0860 12 12 16 or e-mail : smo@sars.gov.za. They will require proof of all resolution attempt to date, e.g. original objection dates, follow-up correspondence, etc. This will ensure a speedy resolution.

Good luck!

6. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (27-Jun-08), duncan drennan (27-Jun-08)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12