Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mannatech opening in South Africa Soon

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Reading through this thread I have found no claims from the people promoting the product in this thread that " implies Mannatech nutritional products prevent, treat or cure disease, (ii) states, suggests or implies Mannatech nutritional products are a substitute for a doctor?s standard of care, and/or (iii) otherwise violates Mannatech?s Associate Policies & Procedures. "

http://www.raysahelian.com/glyconutrients.html

Extract
    I start suspecting that there is something not right about the promotion of a product - such as glyconutrients - when the meaning of the word is so ambiguous, and the word is created by a company that sells through multilevel marketing channels. There is little mentioned in the legitimate medical literature regarding the term glyconutrients, yet the internet abounds with websites promoting its virtues.
    This article discusses the merits or lack thereof of "glyconutrient" products sold by Mannatech -- and other companies that offer such products for sale -- that supposedly have 'eight essential sugars.' There are many types of sugar compounds -- for instance glucosamine, glycoproteins, glycolipids, fructooligosaccharides, arabinogalactans - that have been shown to have a role to play in health and I have articles on some of these sugar-related substances that review the research. I would rather use these terms rather than the mishmosh term 'glyconutrients.' I am a strong believer in the benefits of various dietary supplements including sugar compounds, I just want to call them by their proper, scientifically accepted names.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

3. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (23-Jul-12)

Thanks
    This is interesting.
    One big problem I've always had when checking out any MLM businesses is finding genuine info. You run a standard google search and usually the top 200 or more results returned are the same sales crap that's copy/pasted from the main company website by thousands of different resellers into their own sites and blogs. You've got to then copy and paste swathes of the reoccuring text into a new google search request along with some advanced search operators in order to filter out the rubbish and find some results with genuine discussion about the pros and cons, experiances of real people both good and bad or even complaints about the company. Sometimes the first advanced search still ends up swamped and an even more refined search is necessary.

This obviously means that the genuine info isn't accessible to the average google user and it's struck me on several occasions that this is no accident. I think it's part of the game by MLM companies to make sure that threads that aren't complimentary about the product or business are buried so deep by SEO that they're effectively not there.

Once in a while you'll find a genuine discussion on a well SEO'd forum in a geographical location that's not swamped with resellers blogs. It comes up in the first page of google results.... What then?? Well, if I were the company, the way I'd go about it is to issue take-down notices to that forum on whatever legal grounds might sound feasible. Copyright infringement might work in certain circumstances....medical or safety grounds would work equally well in other instances perhaps....who knows, whatever it takes.

Just a thought from the resident cynic.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    Reading through this thread I have found no claims from the people promoting the product in this thread that " implies Mannatech nutritional products prevent, treat or cure disease, (ii) states, suggests or implies Mannatech nutritional products are a substitute for a doctor?s standard of care, and/or (iii) otherwise violates Mannatech?s Associate Policies & Procedures. "
    I'm leaving it up to Mannatech to identify the specific content they deem crosses the line, and to provide specific justification. The posts by Mandrake pose a particularly interesting question and I'm quite curious to hear Mannatech's argument.

Obviously there's a lot of content that shouldn't pose a problem at all, so a total take-down is out of the question.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    This makes very interesting reading
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Hi Dave,

Anything new on this ?
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Not so far. In fact at this point I believe Mannatech can be categorised as "unresponsive".

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Having received yet another take-down notice, I am trying a different avenue to get a response from Mannatech. The following has been sent to them via their "contact us" form on their website.

I am receiving a steady stream of take-down notices, allegedly from Mannatech. However, no-one has responded to my replies on the issue and the notices keep coming.

Analysis of the notices reveals a number of technical flaws in the sending protocol, so I was wondering whether these mails are actually just spam.

Is there a tijohnson@mannatech.com at Mannatech?
    If yes, why is he/she not responding to my emails?

Your assistance or feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Given the fact this company has already been through the legal wringer over medical claims, if they're concerns about this thread were genuinely 'Impermissible Use of Health Claims Attributed to Mannatech Products ' I'm pretty sure they'd be more responsive to your inquiries.

I still don't see it, I think it's a brand image protection exercise.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    I think it's a brand image protection exercise.
    Well at this rate, they're doing it wrong

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast