Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Standard Bank website grinding to a halt?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marq View Post
    Banking Tip number 245...Practice jumping up and down at home or in the office before you go to the bank - This is so it looks more real when you do it in front of the 'person that cares for your account' - and they will really believe you.
    And with a warm-up, you're less likely to do yourself an injury

Love it!

Gold Member
    Thanks
    May I respectfully request that the title of this thread be changed to the past tense!!!
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    I just went in and did a payment - no problem.

Perhaps everyone has gone home?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It worked fine yesterday evening as well. It's been an 8.00 to 4.00 (or thereabouts) problem so far. Too many requests and not enough server.

Why the past tense request, Debbie?

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Yesterday from 07h30 to 16h00 I was unable to access at all!
    Regards

Debbie

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Aaah! As in - it wasn't "grinding to," it had "come to" a halt

It's damn frustrating, isn't it. You get used to having these things conveniently at hand. I've got used to things like getting my electricity or phone bill, immediately just loading a future dated payment for the due date, filing the paper and moving on.

Now it has to be queued up on my desk to be dealt with later

Gold Member
    Thanks
    LOL! I thought you had become a bit serious and analytical again of late! Yup! we are extremely spoilt as far as having things to hand go.....patience is truly a virtue in 2008.
    Regards

Debbie

www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Twice over this past week I have experienced a 'no data' warning massage when processing payments through standard's system.

I enter the amounts to be paid into the form for existing beneficiaries - click to process to next page and ..............'no data message'.

So I phoned the Standard Bank customer I dont care line and as usual spoke to a guy that didn't appear to know how to even log onto the system, treated me with contempt and left me in the dark as this must be something that I am doing wrong as he had no problem on his side. My main concern was whether I had paid the amounts across and if I repeated the process - would I be duplicating the payment?

It appears after much scouting and clicking on my own bat that the amounts had not gone through.

I told this know it all operator, that I thought this was a serious hiccup in the system and that I was phoning them not only for my benefit but for theirs as well - I thought that if the problem was on their side they should know about it. If the problem was on my side due to a hellkom blip then perhaps they should also know about this problem that their clients could experience. That message I just know was never passed on and its business as usual for Standard Wank.

Anybody else out there experience this? (the data message problem not the standard operator problem - which standard are not interested in fixing)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I haven't experienced this problem. I know what you mean about the disbelieving, though. A screen shot of the problem normally fixes that attitude

I've discovered a rather useful feature on Standard Bank's internet banking though that reduces the risk of duplicate payments when stuff hangs like that. You can't pay the same beneficiary the same amount twice on the same day, at least not from the same bank account. I wouldn't want to rely on it - but it's there.

Yes. That does mean I've accidentally tried to pay an account twice
    Interruptions

Thanks
    Yip, all of the above, and boy if you dare make a payment twice, good luck in getting your money back quickly. I thought this was bad, when....

The phone rings 2 o'clock on Monday morning, the local hospital, could I please pay R56000.00 before they can admit my dad? Either the payment is made or he will be transported to Pretoria Academic. So no problem right, I will do a transfer quickly.

Sometimes it is a mundane little account we need to pay, though frustrating, it is not an emergency, though I thought so before Monday morning. I could do nothing, but look at the account, I could see the money, which I suppose I was to take as a bonus, but I could not make a payment at all!

I have not found a single problem with ABSA thus far, it works every time, and I am considering going back to them. We never think about the real emergencies until they hit us. (Fortunately I had some funds available in an ABSA account, and the hospital accepted the money that I had and I could pay the balance later in the day)

But human nature being what it is, I am sure that I will forget this soon, and start complaining about the accounts that I can't pay when I want to lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast