Hi All

Maybe one of TFSA members can advise.

1. The males in my family have band practice once a week for 3 hours (afternoons) - 3 electric guitars lots of amplifiers and a set of drums - they DO get heard - they play well so its not BAD music. My one neighbour is freaking out - he is a pensioner with a new wife - I understand that it is loud and have offered these neighbours a movie and dinner every week at our expense for those 3 hours - they have refused and are becoming quite abusive. Other than this regular noise - we are quiet don't have parties, no misbehaviour that I know of anyway LOL!

Question - what is our legal right as to noise levels and frequency? Apart from absolute sound proofing what have other people used to keep sound in?

On the other hand.....neighbour on the other side has 4 dogs all yappers who go off at the tiniest of noise. This sets off a chain reaction of about 15 dogs all barking for 15 minutes until the yappers start again.

I believe that dogs don't bark as much if they can see out - anybody know if this is true and what else can I suggest my neighbours try as it is now so bad that I am fleeing my house and office on a daily basis!

Any advice will be appreciated.