Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permission to import and sell a product

Email problem
    Thanks
    Dave

thanks for your response. If I came across as ranting and raving - I need to reconsider my communication skills - you are absolutely right and I have purposefully avoided doing this. I will admit to being frustrated however. I was hoping to try and understand the process - hence my request. I also saw an opportunity to be able to assist in creating something that other people such as myself could use. I will perserve. thnx

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
    If I came across as ranting and raving...
    Lesley - you most certainly didn't come across as ranting at all. I just know how frustrating this sort of thing can be so please consider the comment as preventative medicine

(Maybe I'm the one who needs to work on my communication skills )
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
    I also saw an opportunity to be able to assist in creating something that other people such as myself could use.
    Exactly why the site is here and I thank you for helping with that. Let's hope that someone cruises through that can help you too.

Email problem
    Thanks

Import code

Hi

We are experiencing a similar problem and will appreciate any help or suggestions.

As a small partnership we are not VAT registered as we have not reached the required turnover level yet. We want to import wedding albums produced in Europe and need to apply for an import code, but SARS have advised that they will not issue one unless the business is VAT registered.

Where does that leave us? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dori and Cormac

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Why not just register for VAT?

You are going to have to pay VAT on the imported value, surely. If you are are going to resell to registered VAT vendors, being VAT registered would be more efficient/competitive.

Thanks
    Hi

We want to import electronic equipment susch a s flash drives and usb hubs from a supplier in China. Currently I'm having trouble finding a reliable import clearance agent can anyone help?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Proffessor View Post
    Hi

We want to import electronic equipment susch a s flash drives and usb hubs from a supplier in China. Currently I'm having trouble finding a reliable import clearance agent can anyone help?
    Hi Proffessor,

What sort of volumes are you looking at? If sufficient volumes, it may be worth you coming out to Shenzhen (Just over the border to HK), and meeting some suppliers.

Unfortunately, this type of product can be very problematic so you need ensure the quality is good.

If smaller amounts, there is a very interesting electronics market in Shenzhen, and you can get some very good deals there...

Try ensure you get FOB Hong Kong as part of your contractual terms.

You might want to check out Alibaba, HKTDC, or Global Sources for suppliers, but BE CAREFUL!

Humen town,Dongguan city,Guangdong, China
    Thanks
    Hi Proffessor:

I am a Chinese ,but i amnot in electronic equipment field. Just wanna say something
    In China :
    1.Most supplier are reliable, because how to establish a long-term business is crucial to a company . No boss likes to do one business ,and let money gone .Perhaps in the process of cooperation with some unhappy things .If we all do our best to resolve it ,Also can achieve win-win situation.
    2.Another part supplier we cann't say they are unbelievable from they are inbeing, sometime they can not hold the measure. such as cost contral ,quality , leadtime......OR they are not as professional as they say. So the problem is appear.
    3.Let's say Cheat , Cheat is most hated. we sell products to customer ,we also want to prevent cheated. but how , what we can do if we are cheated .

so while you earn money, at the same time you should learn how to protect youself ,to prevent being cheated.

Common saying : there is no free lunch. Donot believe very very low prices (lower than product cost), very very short delivery time(anything need process)

Regards
    Shani
    http://yihaolamp.com
    professional in indoor lamps manufacture

Humen town,Dongguan city,Guangdong, China
    Thanks
    Anything i can do for you ,just contact :

MSN: kahsing9@hotmail.com
    http://yihaolamp.com
    professional in indoor lamps manufacture

Thanks

Good idea

It is good idea do that .
    1.the products maybe need SA institution
    2.I think that you should consult your country import department will be know well

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Hi all,

I am planing to import a cosmetic product. I want to sell it to chain stores like Clicks.

This product is already approved by UK medical authorities for general counter sales.

Now my questions:

• Must this product be approved by any SA institution as well? If yes, where?

• What kind of license must be optained that allows me to import and sell the product?

• How would the import procedure look like? What are the costs involved?

Thank you for your help!

Wolfgang

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.