Thread: how to get email addr. to start my Email Marketing?

Thanks

how to get email addr. to start my Email Marketing?

My full question is, how to get the email address of the potential business clients in a specific region, let's say SA? so as to start my Email Marketing?

I'll be very appreciated if there's anyone who can help.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How far have you got defining your target market?

I understand the region filter, but is there a particular profile of the perfect client?

I ask because the blind shotgun approach is normally considered spamming in "polite" internet society.

Thanks
    Dear Dave,

Thanks for your response.

You know we have to figure out a way to approach the potential customers, and provide the opportunity for both side to know each other more. And the cheapest but not effective way in my mind will be Email Marketing.

I understand that the email I sent will be mostly identified as a junk mail, but what's the better way to avoid that? Since I'm sure my offer in the email is providing mutual benefit business.

Well I have to admit that it's a headache for me to approach the customers to presend the offers....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jessieay View Post
    Well I have to admit that it's a headache for me to approach the customers to presend the offers....
    I see that as the real challenge.

The short cut to collecting emails is as easy as buying a robot crawler (they're available out there, although they are illegal in some parts of the world) and pointing it in the right direction. But profiling that collection is another story.

A manual targetted search, or something clever or useful related to your offering that has people subscribing seems a better approach to my mind.

But the challenge is the first approach. And part of that is everyone reacts differently anyway. I don't know if this will help, but compare the messages that include a commercial message in the Meet and Greet section to what we've got in the Possibly Useful Spam section.

Basically, introducing yourself and providing useful information helps. Asking permission before sending any more of the same is probably a good idea too.

Unfortunately I can't show you the totally non-business related stuff we get from time to time because that gets trashed. I'm sure they think the whole world needs their product too so it's OK. But at the end of the day it's not what you as the seller thinks - it's what the receiver thinks that counts.

Which I guess means this is just my personal interpretation of the situation. Maybe some other TFSA members might add their comments somewhere along the way.

5. Thanks given for this post:

jessieay (02-May-08)

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I see that as the real challenge.

The short cut to collecting emails is as easy as buying a robot crawler (they're available out there, although they are illegal in some parts of the world) and pointing it in the right direction. But profiling that collection is another story.

A manual targetted search, or something clever or useful related to your offering that has people subscribing seems a better approach to my mind.

But the challenge is the first approach. And part of that is everyone reacts differently anyway. I don't know if this will help, but compare the messages that include a commercial message in the Meet and Greet section to what we've got in the Possibly Useful Spam section.

Basically, introducing yourself and providing useful information helps. Asking permission before sending any more of the same is probably a good idea too.

Unfortunately I can't show you the totally non-business related stuff we get from time to time because that gets trashed. I'm sure they think the whole world needs their product too so it's OK. But at the end of the day it's not what you as the seller thinks - it's what the receiver thinks that counts.

Which I guess means this is just my personal interpretation of the situation. Maybe some other TFSA members might add their comments somewhere along the way.
    Dear Dave,

Thank you! I got some idea now. I'll try and see what will come out.

Email problem
    Thanks

i think its an effective way to sell products

Hi , i think email marketing is an effective way to find the potencial clients , and this is what we are always doing in the past several years, when i began business, this is the best way to begin and now i think this is still a good way to continue.

Of course, maybe some one will take our email as spam ,but we should have a idea we are doing something good for the receiver, we are helping them to make money ,maybe how do you know if they are in urgent of your products so thats the way it goes .

And we have made orders in this way , its helpful ....................what you should do is keep on..............

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by warlen View Post
    Hi , i think email marketing is an effective way to find the potencial clients , and this is what we are always doing in the past several years, when i began business, this is the best way to begin and now i think this is still a good way to continue.

Of course, maybe some one will take our email as spam ,but we should have a idea we are doing something good for the receiver, we are helping them to make money ,maybe how do you know if they are in urgent of your products so thats the way it goes .

And we have made orders in this way , its helpful ....................what you should do is keep on..............
    Dear Warlen,

Good to hear the positive example from you and I'm getting some improvement on it.

Email problem
    Thanks
    yes, good ,looking for partners who has the ability to distribute our items and also be welcomed if he or she can buy from us ......