Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Premicells, private calls and people who don't answer their phone

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And there I was thinking it was to avoid taking calls from debt collectors

Oh well. With the call fee structures we have nowadays, I think my premicells are going offline when the current contract is up.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    I was also a victim of my own etiquette at one time. I used to listen to the locust on the other end until I could get a polite 'no thank you I'm not interested....' in when they paused for their first breath. Years of unsolicited telemarketing now has me just hanging up during the first three words of their introduction.
    I find if I hang up, they just phone back again ... and again. Although I suppose it would be okay to then ignore that call.

I hope that by never answering they take me off their lists as a non existent number ... yeah right.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BusFact View Post
    I find if I hang up, they just phone back again ... and again. Although I suppose it would be okay to then ignore that call.

I hope that by never answering they take me off their lists as a non existent number ... yeah right.
    not a chance. they too idiotic to even understand that they're not wanted

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think that you can set up the Premicell number to allow the CLI to go through, but not to receive calls, So if anyone tries to call the number back it is engaged all the time. Alternatively, I think this is a preferred way is to set up a voice mail answer on the premicell number. After all it is a SIM card just like any cellphone, they have simply set up to disable the CLI (Call Line Identification). You probably can do this yourself by inserting it into a normal phone and going though the call options.

"Hi you have reached ABC Enterprise, we can not take your call on this line, but if you phone 123456, then we will be happy to help you"
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I also do not answer a private number call as I believe that if you are important enough to the person on the other end they will leave a message. On a similar issue around basic manners I find it extremely frustrating at how many people do not return messages or even sms's. I think we are becoming so inundated with junk calls that a lot of people do not even take the time to check missed calls or messages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12