Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats up with webmail?

Thanks

Whats up with webmail?

I have been contacted so many times by webmail in the last 3 months, to sell me [for a small fortune] mailing to their DB. The thing is ..... that they don't stop .....

Has anyone experienced this lately? Do you also get contacted by them? Did you use their service?

P.S. Oh, and now they get sneaky the try to find the founder of the company and they say it is personal or private, then they do the same thing and change their stance and say - it is primemedia and so on. I think I am starting to see spam as easy to deal with compared to this.

Many thanks,
    Karen

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They're selling their DB of email addresses?

Ouch for all webmail users!

Thanks
    I told them straight that if they don't stop spamming me I'm going to press charges, and it stopped
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Thanks
    Karen
    I told them their webmail service is so lousy I won't be associated with them. Try sending an email to a webmail address with a 50 kb attachment it bounces. I now ask for an alternative address and recommend gmail.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    They're selling their DB of email addresses?

Ouch for all webmail users!
    Not exactly like that. What they do is ask you for a fortune some 30K to send a message for your business to around 100K users. Which you will ever know if it was ever sent nor have stats nor do they affiliate with correct businesses.... anything and everything goes (I know because they contacted me via a few businesses I have with different concerns/subjects)

I am not sure what they are up to, but they keep harassing me to buy this. And I am not interested. And they are aggressive about it also.

I was wondering if they are approaching every business with this... and keep harassing them .

Of course .... not to mention users, which is a different subject..... if they do this all around the country with all sorts of businesses.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftDux View Post
    I told them straight that if they don't stop spamming me I'm going to press charges, and it stopped
    Now this is interesting..... how often did they spam you and with what subjects?

They claim that is how they do marketing for a big short term insurance company... I find it hard to believe that a reputable company would agree to something like this. But then again you never know.

The reason I ask is because that means that companies are getting sucked into this crap. Which is also not so very good.

P.S. Do you have a contact number to tell them that I will press charges if the call me ever again .

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karenwhe View Post
    What they do is ask you for a fortune some 30K to send a message for your business to around 100K users.
    That works out at 30c per email. If I think that I've just paid 10c per copy for front page advertising in print media, that rate seems pretty steep.

The next problem, as far as I know, is no profiling information is collected when you get a webmail account. So I'd expect the campaign isn't targetted.

Thinking about it - if you wanted to spend that kind of money, Google Adwords would surely be a more effective spend. You'd only be paying per click (ie. at least there was some interest), and could compete very well on most keywords at 30c per.

Thanks
    I see webmail and easyinfo are owned by Interface IT media. After a fiasco with easyinfo I will never deal with them.
    The Interface Media (Pty) LTD group houses the www.easyInfo.co.za, www.webmail.co.za, www.jobs4u.co.za, www.gifted.co.za, www.carkey.co.za, www.earningsonline.co.za, www.mobilegateway.co.za.

The head office function is run through Interface Holdings (Pty) LTD. The businesses are separate from each other with certain people being directors in multiple registered entities. The businesses compete and work separately in the marketplace.
    From their website http://www.interface.co.za/default.php
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Hi Ian,

Thanks for that I am actually going to check those links when I will have a few spare moments.
    <hr />-
    Dave,

You are absolutely 100% correct. There is no relationship with their customers, so in essence it has no real value.

If I put 30K -- which on the net is a massive amount of money --- and I have my strategy correctly aligned in a sales funnel, I can put this money on content writing alone, will get more natural customers and leads than they can ever provide, or of course do AdWords as well.

Anyway, I hope that not many SA businesses will fall into this sales pitch and that one day the just stop harassing me.

Thanks
    hahahahaha, just found this:

Privacy is a major issue and junk mail grows by the day.

To this end we commit:

* Never to sell your address
    * Should advertisers wish to communicate directly we will do so on their behalf once we are certain that your interest profile matches the deal and that it offers true value.
    * That we will constantly monitor and protect your inbox from unwanted mail.

To this end we suggest that you give out your address with care, particularly to other websites.

it is literally on the webmail site. http://www.webmail.co.za/protection.htm

so much for caring about interest profile. either that or you don't get a full 100K users emailed to.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.