Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solving the skills crunch

Suspended
    Thanks
    what is success???...having lots of money...material things...a company which has a huge turnover or profit margine?

i feel success is just being able to overcome the challenges which are presented to us no matter how big or small...whether you are street sweeper or corporate giant.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    what is success???...having lots of money...material things...a company which has a huge turnover or profit margine?

i feel success is just being able to overcome the challenges which are presented to us no matter how big or small...whether you are street sweeper or corporate giant.
    Success is an individual thing based on one individual goals. For students success may be passing a test, while for others passing the same test at no less than 90% marks.

For other people that work in politics success if having their "bills/acts" or whatever implemented.

For others success is beating the system.

For others fighting against the harshest circumstances and winning (mountain climbing like the Everest).

For me it is helping the most amount of people where there is demand and I can make a significant positive impact and along the way financial success happens also.

For me also in the past was getting the most amount of people understand a subject matter to point of maximum productivity that they are capable of in their give position (that is when I was training).

So success is something that differs from individual to individual and then in context of that individuals life that point in time - which also changes.

Today for you success may be money, or may be training electricians or maybe just finding them. Once that is done you will find other things to do and success will change to maybe growing the amount of electricians, or maybe you change your career and success will have nothing to do with electricians.

Either way, challenges big or small imho, relates to the path of least or most resistance.

Mountain climbing is for people that choose maybe the path of most resistance - in other words, they choose hard things to prove something to themselves, to the world, break a world record, who knows.

But there are people that choose the path of least resistance. So if they see something is leading no where or it is a more like "climbing a mountain", they choose something else. Nothing wrong with that either - it is a personal choice.

In marketing it is taught always that going with a new product to market against a massive company is the path of most resistance and no go. Unless the new company has massive amounts of money to sink into advertising and changing consumer mind about a product and their choice. Think Microsoft. No one goes against microsoft, not even apple. They have their own niche.

In marketing I have learnt that the path of least resistance is the most profitable and fun way to do business. But that is me. I do no like to fight against mountains, life is far too much fun and too many opportunities are around to try and beat something like microsoft or the government.

That does not mean that I do not have challenges but I chose my challenges and my paths to what I wish to do and am willing to do which should be equal to the return. If I go against mirosoft better a few billions in return, but since there are not, most people understand that it is "not worth it".

Some people call this value of effort/challenge to money.

Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12