Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunsynk 10 year warranty

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Sunsynk 10 year warranty

What is going to happen to all the Sunsynk products already installed by installers who were approved, but no longer approved, will Sunsynk still honour the customers 10 year warranty?

If you (as an end user) buy a Sunsynk products product online or from your local wholesaler and get your local electrician to install the system as per the manual, will Sunsynk still honour the 10 year warranty?

What is going to happen to all the Sunsynk products purchased before the electrical industry jumped on the band wagon and took a slice of the cake, back when Sunsynk where trying to get their foot in the market place and happy to unload product onto the DIYer.

Lets hope the approved installers can buy and install enough Sunsynk product to keep the sales going so that they dont drop out of the SA market and make it difficult for customers to get support.

If I had a Sunsynk product installed on my property at the moment I would very concerned.

You just have to look at the sales being offered to see what has happend to the sales in SA.

There must be many unhappy customers especially the ones who took loans or exctended their bond to buy a solar sytem and now the prices have dropped to what they have and I believe could even drop more considering the level of shedding the supplus stock and now this 10 year warranty issue.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Do you have to be a registered installer or an approved to be covered by the warranty ?

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Gold Member
    Thanks
    I am a registered installer, funny thing is you need to do at least 3, so does that mean your first 3 are not covered because you were not registered ?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I have done 12, but only have 8 on my profile, so I tried as a registered installer, I am still waiting for a response.

I dont realy care for the level, once you have done 2 or 3 they are all the same.

I have the cable and software for battery firmaware and linked to all the support groups, what more do you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylboy View Post
    I am a registered installer, funny thing is you need to do at least 3, so does that mean your first 3 are not covered because you were not registered ?

Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Kind of makes me think the warrenty will be worthless even if you are a accredited installer. I was an approved installer now I appear not to be

I think my second application (after they kicked load of people off) was rejected because, at the time, I have done 6 or region one and 8 on region 2 but couldn't show I had done 14 at the time in total

Its a good machine but I have a feeling you going to fight tooth and nail if you need warrenty assistance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 2,264 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is there much evidence of product failures with Sunsynk?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Join the support whatsapp groups and you will see how bad it is. They say it always the installers fault. The joke is there is no formal training or certification for Sunsynk installers and try get support or advice on a new install, you are on your own.

YOu could join the 50 plus group and get get repsonses like read the manual", from the so called experts.

Then you can sign up with Sunsynk.org and down loadf the manuals or waste hours watching videos, just make sure you have a comfortable pillow.

YOu dont beocme a shay Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Is there much evidence of product failures with Sunsynk?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    As for the latest approved installer system they have put in place, I am still waiting for a repsonse , its a joke.

If I were you I would go up the road to Africo solar and chat tto the lads, they have plenty stock, their prices are better than Sunsynk and they offer technical support for new installs.

I have been doing my homework on Deye products which come out of the same factory, the technical support for firmware upgrades etc are the same people who do the Sunsynk technsupport, you dont have to be an approved and the user interface is a lot simpler than Sunsynk. NOt one person that I have spoken to has a bad thing to say about Deye. They also have a 10 year warranty.

You dont loose your 10 year warranty if the installer is not Deye approved.

The Sunsynk 10 year warranty was one of the reasons many people choose Sunsynk, now that the warranty is only valid if the installation is done by an approved installer certainly moves the goal post.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I learnt a costly lesson today agian, I installed a bunch of products and everything went smoothly, when I got to the 9 th unit it failed, trying to get support poved to be a a huge challenge, I left site and the unit is still not working and I still havent been able to get hold of the company, they havent responded to my messages, so the shop has no power and I have to return to site tomorrow and waste time bypassing the product to get the power on, then try again to get some support.

If you want to survive in businss your suppliers and the products you use must be able to keep up, in the past 33 years I have been fortunate to deal with good suppliers, but lately it is getting more and more difficult to find products which support the little guys. Spending a million buck in the solar industry is spare change

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Just got a message this morning to say Deye are starting the same crap with approved installers.

you have to install 10 units before you can become an approved installer and 50 to be a master installer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast