Thread: IE7 history has gone missing???

Thanks

IE7 history has gone missing???

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this issue. I am running Windows Vista Premium Home and whilst working on IE7, browsing a page on the Microsoft site, my PC froze up. I had to force a reboot, and all was well again, except that my history folder had lost all its history. I have searched on Google for any links to help solve this problem, but no solutions came forward?!!

Is there anyone who would by chance know what inner settings must be adjusted in IE7 or in windows to recapture my browsed pages into the history folder again?

It would be much appreciated.

TX

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is there a system restore point system in Vista? When lock-ups cause problems for me in XP, that's the first thing I try.

Thanks
    Thats the first thing I tried after I discovered this. (I did not mention this is my original post, but I also noticed that my Quick Launch Toolbar has gone missing...) This toolbar is controlled by IE7. When these two things came to my attention, I suspected that IE had "crashed" on me, and that when I did two things...
    1. I clicked the IE7 reset button to reset ALL settings to standard, including switching off all add-ons that IE was running...
    2. When that did not work, I ran a system restore to a date before the "crash". This too did not restore the history??

WEIRD!!!

I have since recreated the Quick Launch Toolbar, but the history is still "history" ???

Hope someone has any bright ideas still... cheers!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd think the content of the History would be treated as data then. Data wouldn't be affected by the system restore or application repair.

Thanks
    um, if you're talking about that wonderful reset button in "tools>internet options>Advanced" please read what it says:

"Deletes all temporary files, disables browser add-ons, and resets all the changed settings"

sorry to say, I'd think history is under temporary files, along with saved web pages.

Read here for further information
    Last edited by twinscythe12332; 03-Mar-08 at 02:37 PM. Reason: further information gathered

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twinscythe12332 View Post
    um, if you're talking about that wonderful reset button in "tools>internet options>Advanced" please read what it says:

"Deletes all temporary files, disables browser add-ons, and resets all the changed settings"

sorry to say, I'd think history is under temporary files, along with saved web pages.

Read here for further information

I am aware that this reset wipes the history, but I was using the reset after the history was "history".. I was hoping that it would reset the history settings and allow the folder to recapture my last browsed pages...but nope!!! did not!!!

TX for pointing it out though...
    Cheers