Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The changing face of marketing

Thanks
    I slept over at the Durban beach front a couple of times. My recommendation is to steer clear. Umhlanga Rocks is absolutely beautiful, safe and clean.
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

2. Thanks given for this post:

Alta Murray (19-Jun-08)

Thanks
    Thanks Ian, yeah my gal is also very responsible and not one to be led by her emotions, but will rather follow her logic at all times. My problem is not her, I raised her well, I am so worried about the crime and the other kids. Oh huge sighs, but I should focus on the positive side -- they are going down as a mixed group, boys and girls, all just friends, so I know the boys will look out for the girls. Play Jaws music -- or is that yet another danger?

But thanks Umhlanga it is!

Thanks
    Chatmaster, Umhlanga seems to get a lot of good votes, so that is that for her! Her one friend Allan's mom is in the hotel industry, so Umhlanga seems a go-ahead as she has contacts there. I wonder if the contacts will spy for me though?

I find it much easier to have a son.

Durban, oh, I dream of the Durban of my childhood, back in the day when it was thee holiday destination for us vaalpense. I was there in 2000 and I was shocked, guess I just hoped it changed somehow. You say it has not, so we'll give it a skip.

Perhaps I can give my sniper training a dust down? If a boy makes a move on my little girl, I can hit him with a pea-shooter right on the part of his anatomy that is bothering him. Let me go, I am getting paranoid.....

Thanks
    Oh, you are so right -- the locals are fine, it's the other matrics that drink ad infinitum and are there to have a 'good time', and they do act up and out. Also they will be a mixed group of boys and girls from all races, and you know how some people tend to react.

I am very worried, but this too shall pass....or I shall pass out, either or.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You bring them up as best you can, try to instill the right values and set them free in stages. After that, all you can do is hope you did your part right, keep positive thoughts* and be there if a moment of real need comes up.

But the goal is to set them free. As well equipped as possible, but the day comes when they need to fly for themselves.

At times I think of how my parents must have felt when I was leaving the nest.

*For those who are religious - read pray.

Thanks
    Set them free in stages? Oh Dave it just feel like it is the final stage, but you are spot on again. I firmly believe that I did my job as a mom, but did the other moms do their part? Fortunately I get bored with things quickly, yes even worry, so this will pass.

Yes I will share my marketing idea, but know this -- it is fun and unconventional. But this is my son's input on sharing this too early -- yes, fight in a war and then tell them all about your guns!

Thanks
    Hello

Well I read through everything and then getting to the end about Umhlanga was quite funny. I actually grew up there. Our family moved there around 15 years ago. Back then it was all just sugar cane. One or two big houses were being built the big one on the corner was up already, but it was still a quaint little village. I remember walking around in the sugar cane with my friends. Picking some and chewing the sugar on the way to the beach. Oh my, I have some amazing memories. Getting home from school, picking up my surf board and running down to the beach! Before I knew what happened there were houses every where and it became the holiday place to be?

It's also true what Dave said about values and principles. My parents taught me well, though I went off the rails for quite some time; partying and often drinking way to much. I think it might have been a search for happiness, acceptance or something, but kids becoming adults have to go through it. I managed to come right and the values and principles I was taught were my saving grace. That saying if you love something set it free comes to mind. It’s so true!

Anyway, back to the marketing… I find in today’s world we are bombarded with SO many different adverts that if we didn’t put up some sort of barrier we would go mad! I heard somewhere you actually have three seconds to grab the customers’ attention. In the information age the internet is your most powerful tool. I think that starting an authority site and marketing it using buzz, link building, blog commenting, social site interaction etc. is a GREAT way to start, although it is quite a learning curve. What do you think? Forums are also great

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234