Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inverter feed

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    The instructions on my controller are crystal clear. NOT TO BE USED ON LITHIUM IRON BATTERIES.
    Flooded lead acid and gel batteries only.

I don't think this charge controller is suitable for your application.
    I will check the instruction manual, before I spend the money.

I plan to install a proper quality system (Victron) at home in the future, but that will require a ton of cash, but at least once it is installed I know I have the best system money can buy and not a knock off product like Axpert or Sunsynk.

Thanks
    Most of us cannot afford to drive Rolls Royce, Porshe or Lamborgini, so we have to settle for Datsuns or Volksies.

but we still get from A to B.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Most of us cannot afford to drive Rolls Royce, Porshe or Lamborgini, so we have to settle for Datsuns or Volksies.

but we still get from A to B.
    I have learnt from experience that buying cheap is expensive in the long run and boy have I learnt from the mistake of buying cheap.

You need to understand that you cant compare a Porsha or Lamborghini to a Rolls Royce ( if you can then this argument ends right here, dont even waste time reading further), just like you cant compare an axpert, Deye, Sunsynk to Victron.

If you buy smart you buy a Rolls Royce and anything other than that you would need to justify your stupidity (talking expensive cars).

There are many examples,

Fluke compared to "other" test equipment. I use Fluke because I cant afford to keep replacing damaged equipment and want the most durable and most accurate equipment. The only complaint I have about Fluke, the leads, but like tyres on a car, they are supple (which is what you want, not hard plastic like other brands) and do the job but need to be replaced

Hilti compared to other brands for working with concrete/masonry. Some of my Hilti equipment is over 25 years old, by the way Hilti make a good quality product , its just the crap service department and management who dont understand customer service when its slaps them in the face. I have been a Hilti customer longer than any person in SA has worked for Hilti, yet I was told to sit on the mangers middle finger. Would I ever buy another Hilti product of course I would, now when they break I just throw them away because Hilti doesnt support machines older then 5 years, I suppose it is not financially viable.

Festool compared to other wood working tools. Wood working is a hobby and therefore I have to settle with what I can afford, so I chose the next best thing and within my price bracket, Makita, an awesome product but silly things like the laser on the cut off saw, is an example of why Festool is the Rolls Royce of wood working.

Gloomis compared to other fishing rods, this topic is one that I have with a mate all the time, he always had something to say about my Gloomis rods, I decided one day that I wanted to be in the top 3 of the leader board for the season, I spent the money and bought the Rolls Royce of fishing rods. We finished in the top 5 of every competition and were in number 1 at the final for our province.

If Rolls Royce made a work van, I would have "invested" in one many years ago. I have always had to settle for volksie and still drive one

Thanks
    Nothing wrong with using something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg as long as it does the job.

Dylboy asked for ideas. I gave him one that I have used on numerous occassions in the past without any comebacks. He enquired as to which charger I use. I replied truthfully. Hi's comment was " Brilliant and the price suits the application "

Good luck quoting on the most expensive consumables out there. You might as well close your doors right now. If you haven't by now noticed that people are taking financial strain and are trying to cut wherever they can in order to survive, then you and I are not living on the same planet.

I would not have recommended a solution, had I not first used the product and found it to work perfectly.

Of course, if you have some spare cash that you desperately need to get rid of, you can go to your nearest Ellies and buy the same thing for about 4 or 5 times more.

Take your pick.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Nothing wrong with using something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg as long as it does the job.

Dylboy asked for ideas. I gave him one that I have used on numerous occassions in the past without any comebacks. He enquired as to which charger I use. I replied truthfully. Hi's comment was " Brilliant and the price suits the application "

Good luck quoting on the most expensive consumables out there. You might as well close your doors right now. If you haven't by now noticed that people are taking financial strain and are trying to cut wherever they can in order to survive, then you and I are not living on the same planet.

I would not have recommended a solution, had I not first used the product and found it to work perfectly.

Of course, if you have some spare cash that you desperately need to get rid of, you can go to your nearest Ellies and buy the same thing for about 4 or 5 times more.

Take your pick.
    I agree, as I said I drive VW, it gets me from A-B.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123