Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inverter feed

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylboy View Post
    What are your thoughts on this then.. same House hahaha.

The little CB is a 15Amo and does the gate motor...

This is not controlled via main switch in the DB...

So it's wrong but now to get a feed there from the DB is major major work.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
    Attachment 8600
    Assuming the 15 Amp is in the meter box on the boundary next to the mein incoming cable.

Install a surface weatherproof DB next to the meter box. Route main cable from house to DB and mains from Meter box - This will be the main DB and the present one will become Sub DB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylboy View Post
    Uncle, what solar charger do you normally use for this setup if I may ask ?

https://www.takealot.com/20a-solar-c...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Chinatown. 20A = R200 ; 30A = R300 ; 40A = R400.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GCE View Post
    Assuming the 15 Amp is in the meter box on the boundary next to the mein incoming cable.

Install a surface weatherproof DB next to the meter box. Route main cable from house to DB and mains from Meter box - This will be the main DB and the present one will become Sub DB
    Ah brilliant, I know that trick but didn't even cross my mind sadly. Thank you again GCE !

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post

Brilliant ! Perfect price for application and the charge voltages appear to be in line as I read while in a que haha.

Nice solution that one !

Platinum Member
    Thanks

And as everyone shouts, but they are not approved. You can only smile and shake your head, what is "approved" and if you can buy the product from Chinatown and nobody is regulating then why not.

If the house burns down, who cares, the insurance company will come up with some excuse why they are only going to pay out a small percentage or nothing at all.

The best part is the "insurance approved contractors", China town has nothing on these contractors. The floods certainly opened the flood gates for every "insurance approved contractors" to come out the wood work

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isetech View Post
    And as everyone shouts, but they are not approved. You can only smile and shake your head, what is "approved" and if you can buy the product from Chinatown and nobody is regulating then why not.

If the house burns down, who cares, the insurance company will come up with some excuse why they are only going to pay out a small percentage or nothing at all.

The best part is the "insurance approved contractors", China town has nothing on these contractors. The floods certainly opened the flood gates for every "insurance approved contractors" to come out the wood work
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220812_152047.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	8604

Does the ISO thingy mean anything ?

Gold Member
    Thanks
    100% agree on the Approved thing, heck I asked again today for the documentation for a 4x4 outdoor York box and got nothing, I asked for the DC cable data sheet and Sans and the oke made jokes instead. I now look for UKCA mark or IEC standards....

Also the CoC does not ask if it is Sans approved anymore...

Look caviet is I have not looking to see if in Sans we have to use it but then by ticking the box of something makes it that we look if it is Sans approved.

Next thing is why the Eff are the wholesalers selling it.... You can't sell an electrical item if not a CoC or to standard as far as I know.

I want to do the right thing but 9 out if 10 I am then too expensive or its Impractical to do.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    This is SA, anything goes, if you can buy it, you can install it.

Like Dylboy, I request SABS/SANS approval, people look at me like I am crazy.

As mentioned in other posts, if you see how the insurance approved contractors do their job, you never have to worry about insurance claims again

You can sit in the lane and complain and take pictures and post them on social media all day, get wound up and so angry by the time you reach your destination, moan about it all day as the people pass you on the left in the orange line, or you follow and get to where you need to be with a smile on your face, its your choice.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220812_152047.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	8604

Does the ISO thingy mean anything ?
    I am going to the China mall to get me a solar charge controller this morning for my lithium 20 amp/hr battery that almost started a fire in my sherlo 6.4 amp power supply, which I was advised by sherlo not to connect, even though it is rated as a "drop in" replacement battery.

I want to connect a 12 VDC 20 amp/hr lithium battery, so just to be on the safe side I will get a 40 amp/hr unit, "ISO approved" I might even just pick up a solar panel if the price is right.

By the way I see the china malls have started moving into the local malls, now you dont need to make a special trip to the China mall, you can pop into Game, Checkers and the China shop

Everywhere I go, I see CCTV systems, solar lights and pretty much everything from the China mall, if there is not control over the imports, how are they going to control the sales and installations.

Considering waste disposal has become a multi billion dollar industry and space has become a problem, why not turn your waste into a product and sell it to places where there is no control over ingredients of the product

Thanks
    The instructions on my controller are crystal clear. NOT TO BE USED ON LITHIUM IRON BATTERIES.
    Flooded lead acid and gel batteries only.

I don't think this charge controller is suitable for your application.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast