It was just a matter of time for something to go wrong.

This is the second time I have had a call from customers, frantically trying to switch off a system. The first time was an installation where batteries started boiling and no isolation procedure, in fact not switch disconnector.

Again 2 day ago another fault on a system and no isolation procedure.

What is the problem, the installer will spend 2 hours running through with the owner telling him about his system and where to switch off, the owner is out of town on business and suddenly there is problem, a loud high pitched sound coming from the unit, what now.

I can tell you what now, panic and run.

While the pro's design the regs for solar, they should include a clause which includes documentation with cables routes and isolation points required to safely isolate the system.

IF the owner who may remember how the system works for the first 3 days or 3 weeks, is not home and there is a problem, or if the installer who might not be around in 6 months time cannot reached. If the fireman or another electrician is sent to the site, there must be a site document wit hall the relevant information about the system.

I know the first response would be to run, however eventually someone will need to shut it down.

Dont be that person who causes a family home to burn to the ground because you an idiot who is too irresponsible to create a simple diagram and leave it for other to fix your mess.