Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stoves..

Gold Member
    Thanks

Stoves..

Hello

I don't do appliances but this is one I want to try sort.

How do I remove this type of stove top. I didn't take a pic of the one for some silly reason.

But it's a Bosch 4 plate stove.

The plate is a solid one, do I just info the middle but and push with force out ??

Attache is a pic of what the solid plate looks like. Top and bottom

Any guidance would he very appreciativeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2022-08-02-15-31-58-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	8597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2022-08-02-15-34-58-17_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	8598

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Never done it myself, but it looks quite simple as per this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Nt...hannel=eSpares

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    They are generally bolted down to the bottom plate .
    When I first started while I was a student studying engineering I used to do appliance repairs , it suited me for the hours as I could attend to the problems after lectures. Soon stop though because it is difficult to make money out of it unless you carry the spares with you.
    You find even the appliance repair guys will stick to one or two makes due to the spares issue

Thanks
    A 10mm spanner is your friend. Loosen the nut in the middle of the plate underneath. That nut keeps the securing bracket in place. Remove the nut completely and the plate comes out very easy. No force needed.

Good luck loosening the screws that secure the wires. They usually corrode vas and the wires need to be cut off and bootlace ferrules crimped on. Other than that ... easy peasy.

I hate working on them because many people don't keep their stoves clean and with all that stove jam, when you're finished with the job, you look as if you've just overhauled a caterpillar engine.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Dettol hygiene wipes or Twinsaver disinfecta wipes. I prefer the twinsaver wipes they the best for cleaning tools and wiping screwdriver clean, light switch, remotes and all those nasty filthy things people touch all the time.

The right screw driver, otherwise you strip the screw heads.

A 10 spanner.

Spark spray and a little patients.

masking tape to label the 4 wires, you mix them up you need to understand the element and switch configuration, rather just label them and even better take a picture if you not sure. I normally just put the tape across the 4 wires to keep them in place.

A customer replaced the 4 plate, unfortunately the plug to connect back to the top of under counter oven has changed. The appliances sales person told my customer that they had to replace the under counter, so he called me, I just stripped the wiring loom and reconnected it to the new 4 plate hob, problem solved.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Brilliant thanks all!

Yeah I undid the bolt, was partially undine already but the whole stove had the Stove jam thank uncle above said so I think it was like glued on... So I stopped as force is not always the answer and decided I will ask and do some research and see if the one at home is the same to try (have an old one removed from Aunts house)

I don't really want to get in this side, it is interesting but as stated the bucks on it is tough if not carrying the right spares. But I want to get into it a bit to help the good clients.

Yes ya this plate only has 2 wires going to the plate, ones I have seen before have 4 as stated. If I get the job will take a pic for you all

Quite nice they even colour coded tie wraps to match each stove to its pair of cables so no guessing and tugging all the same looking cables haha.

Thanks for the all the tips as well! Much appreciated!

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    The easiest way to check how many wires it has, turn the switch, if it clicks on each number, then it should have 4 wires, the switch bridges the 2 element in series and parallel to change change the heat.

If it moves freely as you turn the dial, it has 2 wires (simmistat switch), 2 of the terminals will have bridge pieces, linking the 2 elements.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isetech View Post
    The easiest way to check how many wires it has, turn the switch, if it clicks on each number, then it should have 4 wires, the switch bridges the 2 element in series and parallel to change change the heat.

If it moves freely as you turn the dial, it has 2 wires (simmistat switch), 2 of the terminals will have bridge pieces, linking the 2 elements.
    That is cool ! I remember a bit about the stove wiring stuff but not lots haha.

What you shared is very interesting and good to know, thank you

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    A spiral stove plat only has 1 element, so it will only work on a simmerstat switch.

This was one of the first things we learnt as an appy, tracing the wiring for stove switches and elements. Once you have learnt this, other more complex switching becomes a breeze.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isetech View Post
    A spiral stove plat only has 1 element, so it will only work on a simmerstat switch.

This was one of the first things we learnt as an appy, tracing the wiring for stove switches and elements. Once you have learnt this, other more complex switching becomes a breeze.
    My favourite as appie was the 10 pin mystery box. You were given the box and an AVO and you had to draw the circuit of what was inside the box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast