Do you feel electricians should do the training solar PV training courses, if you as a qualified electrician plan to do solar PV installations, I would say yes, just like any other industry you branch into.

I decided to start doing alarm m systems and CCTV, it has taken me years of training and practical to get to where I am at the moment.

We all know that a green card is not a valid stand alone qualification, however it would be advisable to do some form of training if you plan to go into solar installations.

I am trying to decide which course to attend, any suggestions. I have done a lot of research into solar so I have a pretty good idea of what to expect, but I still feel I should do some form of training just to make sure I have covered everything. I still a have a lot of questions. I was offered free training with Victron, but it was a while back, I doubt they still offer free training.

I believe it will become like electric fences and gas installation were certification will be required.