Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Energy crisis or supply and demand crisis

  1. #1
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    546
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts

    Energy crisis or supply and demand crisis

    That little chat last night with the nation is going to blow the supply and demand and price market into space.

    All the smart people already have their 8 kva inverter with 16 x 550 watt panels on the roof, the rest are going to hold their ankles and take the prices increases and supply shortages like real men and women.

    The next question, feedback tariff, mmm is this a smart way to get people to register their systems, the spinning your meter backwards during the day and taking back what you put in to help with the load shortage is a way more financially smart way to get back what you put in. We are already reading of people who have paid upfront for the next shipment, receiving excuses why the containers are not arriving or stuck in the port somewhere awaiting clearance.

    Best you make sure you have spent your money wisely with a reputable dealer.

  2. #2
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Posts
    832
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 215 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Isetech View Post

    The next question, feedback tariff, mmm is this a smart way to get people to register their systems, the spinning your meter backwards during the day and taking back what you put in to help with the load shortage is a way more financially smart way to get back what you put in. We are already reading of people who have paid upfront for the next shipment, receiving excuses why the containers are not arriving or stuck in the port somewhere awaiting clearance.
    You will find that the feedback tariff is going to be linked to Time Of Use .

    In PE , normal daytime is standard ( R 1,91/KWH ) , morning has a peak ( R 5,66) from 6 to 9 and another peak 17H00 to 22H00 with off peak ( R 1.16) between 22h00 and 6H00

    What you feed in during standard time is credited at a reduced tariff ( R 1.06/KWH) and then zeroed at month end - What you use during peak you pay in full unless you can feed in during Peak ( R 3,26)
    Off peak can be fed in on weekends to offset night usage .

    I have a feeling that PE TOU tariff is linked to Eskom plan to get all domestic users onto TOU .
    Only way to avoid excessive peak tarrif is with batteries and shifting load to Standard or off peak.

    Eskom's big problem is morning and evening peak that they struggle to supply - It is also not doing coal fired boilers any good ramping up and down to cover peaks, with the change in heat it causes metal fatigue which results in boiler tube failures.

  3. #3
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Posts
    832
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 215 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Isetech View Post
    . We are already reading of people who have paid upfront for the next shipment, receiving excuses why the containers are not arriving or stuck in the port somewhere awaiting clearance.

    Best you make sure you have spent your money wisely with a reputable dealer.
    Yip - Happening on a regular basis .We have had 2 jobs taken away because we could not supply quick enough , the owners where told that Contractor X has stock available , pay a 80% deposit , only to find out that the stock is available at the end of August same as ours but without the deposit .They are now locked in at a slightly higher price.

  4. #4
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Fourways
    Posts
    385
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Agreed very interesting stuff said.

    Stock is a massive issue !

    I wonder how many of these new systems will be registered and the 25% of main breaker size....

    There is still no SANS 10142-1-2 that was in draught so no proper set standard.

    There are now going to be a huge uptick in un safe PV installs as everyone will jump on it even more now I rate.

    I am still trying to understand the registered of a system and trying to figure out lead times and then this whole 25% of main CB means the 5kw is out of the question so smaller it must be but then is that enough...


    Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Gold Member Derlyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    East london
    Posts
    949
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 93 Times in 87 Posts
    Tell us more about the 25% of main breaker thing.
    I thought I read something to that effect somewhere but don't know where.

  6. #6
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Posts
    832
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 215 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylboy View Post
    Agreed very interesting stuff said.

    Stock is a massive issue !

    I wonder how many of these new systems will be registered and the 25% of main breaker size....

    There is still no SANS 10142-1-2 that was in draught so no proper set standard.

    There are now going to be a huge uptick in un safe PV installs as everyone will jump on it even more now I rate.

    I am still trying to understand the registered of a system and trying to figure out lead times and then this whole 25% of main CB means the 5kw is out of the question so smaller it must be but then is that enough...


    Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
    Think it is more putting back into the grid is no more then 25%

  7. #7
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Fourways
    Posts
    385
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GCE View Post
    Think it is more putting back into the grid is no more then 25%
    Ahhh ok I see, that now makes a lot more sense. Thank you

    Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Energy Crisis and Daylight saving time!
    By vieome in forum General Chat Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 10-Dec-13, 09:51 AM
  2. Youth unemployment crisis
    By Dave A in forum General Chat Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-Nov-12, 10:42 PM
  3. [Opinion] your skills crisis
    By skatingsparks in forum General Business Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-Jun-09, 07:39 PM
  4. Energy crisis is solvable!
    By Dave A in forum General Business Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-Sep-08, 07:35 AM
  5. Some insight into the food crisis
    By duncan drennan in forum South African Politics Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-Jun-08, 03:28 PM

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •