Thread: DSC Alarm - Envisalink EVL-4 Remote Monitoring Module

Platinum Member
    Thanks

DSC Alarm - Envisalink EVL-4 Remote Monitoring Module

Anyone use this module to remotely arm/disarm and monitor their alarm system via the internet?

Love to know your thoughts...

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I dont have any experience with the new DSC alarm systems, I have a few customers who still have the old systems (entry level) replaced a quite a few old DSC alarm systems.

I have focused on IDS alarm systems, have completed all the training modules and around 5 years experience installing fault finding and maintenance of the X64 system. I dont work on the entry level systems, just not worth it, I leave those for the armed response companies.

IDS is a locally manufactured product. they use to have a top class technical support. Unfortunately it is going to take a while before the new recruits can answer advanced questions without having to refer to the senior techs.

I have 2 x full X64 systems I use as test rigs in my workshop complete with Dahua CCTV systems linked.

IDS have a few issues they need to sort out, one downside, being the HYYP app, bottom line its like comparing a fax machine to an mobile phone. The app is not as user friendly as other apps I have used, it fact it is a little outdated, by about 5 years. I am hoping one day they will launch a decent app which can intergrade with CCTV with the tap of a button like most IOT devices.

I trust the system enough to use it in my own home.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    If there is one thing I have learnt about any piece of equipment or IOT device sold in SA, support. I dont care if the company sells 10 million rands worth of equipment a week, if you they cant offer same day support, I am not interested in the product.

When you have a customer screaming at you because you have put their family at risk because their security system is not working or sitting they are sitting in the dark because the so called backup system is faulty and you cant get a response from the supplier.

I have learnt to phone the company and request support before I outlay any money on purchasing products.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isetech View Post
    I dont have any experience with the new DSC alarm systems, I have a few customers who still have the old systems (entry level) replaced a quite a few old DSC alarm systems.

I have focused on IDS alarm systems, have completed all the training modules and around 5 years experience installing fault finding and maintenance of the X64 system. I dont work on the entry level systems, just not worth it, I leave those for the armed response companies.

IDS is a locally manufactured product. they use to have a top class technical support. Unfortunately it is going to take a while before the new recruits can answer advanced questions without having to refer to the senior techs.

I have 2 x full X64 systems I use as test rigs in my workshop complete with Dahua CCTV systems linked.

IDS have a few issues they need to sort out, one downside, being the HYYP app, bottom line its like comparing a fax machine to an mobile phone. The app is not as user friendly as other apps I have used, it fact it is a little outdated, by about 5 years. I am hoping one day they will launch a decent app which can intergrade with CCTV with the tap of a button like most IOT devices.

I trust the system enough to use it in my own home.
    So I take it you work a lot with Stafix / JVA Security products. Have you used the JVA RFI Interface to monitor Roboguards? together with the Wifi Gateway module & Cloud Router Software?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Unfortunately I dont use Roboguards nor deal with Staffix/JVA. I use a sub contractor for electric fencing. We use Optex outdoor wireless sensor

Quote Originally Posted by AmithS View Post
    So I take it you work a lot with Stafix / JVA Security products. Have you used the JVA RFI Interface to monitor Roboguards? together with the Wifi Gateway module & Cloud Router Software?