Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 days without power again

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred M View Post
    I agree a small entry-level off-grid system now starts from around R250,000, while a premium system with more autonomy could run upwards of R650,000.
    That is more than what my house cost to buy

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    The sad thing about all this expensive solar/inverter battery systems, people expect more than what they offer, at ridiculously high prices.

I am busy with a system which will eventually offer maybe 3 hours of power during load shedding, at a cost of around R100 000.00, its ridiculous.

I have installed (not supplied, because I cant bring myself to rip people off like that) silly R10-15000.00 inverter (FLA) backup system which cant even get through 2 hours of load shedding @ 300 watts within the first year of installation, in most cases within a year the batteries are damaged beyond repair, because the system are not designed correctly or they have been left to discharge when load shedding stops for a couple months. Customers are promised the world, in reality they just become land fill.

People think installing AGM is a cheaper solution than lithium, a short term solution which will require increasing credit card debt, home loan extension.

After watching the video with the Eskom CEO, there is no short term solution, just a really expensive solution and every man and his dog is climbing on the band wagon

A get rich scheme, smart people are becoming millionaires literally over night at the expense of fools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12