Thread: Loadshedding and Sage Pastel Data Integrity

Thanks

Loadshedding and Sage Pastel Data Integrity

Loadshedding has become a default part of our lives for many years, so I am always amazed when I am approached by a client who has just suffered Sage Pastel data corruption due to loadshedding.

It really is so easy to take preventative measures. If you are using a local computer and/or a local network to run your Sage Pastel system, all you need to do is install a UPS for each machine and your network router. When the power goes off, or if there is any dip/surge, the UPS will protect your computer and give you sufficient time to log off from Pastel in an orderly manner, or give you time to get your generator going.

Many of my clients are migrating their Sage Pastel desktop systems to virtual servers. Apart from the many other benefits of a virtual server, virtual servers can shield your Pastel data from the effects of sudden power outages, as the virtual server service provider will have systems in place at their data centre to keep the server running 24/7.

Feel free to email me directly if you have any Pastel data corruption, and I can send you a quote and arrange a remote session to get you up and running again.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    Loadshedding has become a default part of our lives for many years, so I am always amazed when I am approached by a client who has just suffered Sage Pastel data corruption due to loadshedding.

It really is so easy to take preventative measures. If you are using a local computer and/or a local network to run your Sage Pastel system, all you need to do is install a UPS for each machine and your network router. When the power goes off, or if there is any dip/surge, the UPS will protect your computer and give you sufficient time to log off from Pastel in an orderly manner, or give you time to get your generator going.

Many of my clients are migrating their Sage Pastel desktop systems to virtual servers. Apart from the many other benefits of a virtual server, virtual servers can shield your Pastel data from the effects of sudden power outages, as the virtual server service provider will have systems in place at their data centre to keep the server running 24/7.

Feel free to email me directly if you have any Pastel data corruption, and I can send you a quote and arrange a remote session to get you up and running again.
    If you purchase a decent online UPS, the UPS software can automatically shut the system down if the battery drops below a certain level. A good quality online UPS will also protect your system hardware from dips, swells and transient spikes, damage which chips away at the equipment, sometime only detected weeks after the incident.

Your insurance assessor will check the date of the claim and if there was no storm on that day, your claim will be rejected. Makes the clause for power surges and lightning cover is included in your policy.