Thread: Landline telephone upgrade

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Landline telephone upgrade

I have an ADSL month to month contract which includes an uncapped, unlimited, and throttling, a sim card with 2 gigs of data and an unlimited Telkom to Telkom landline calls.

I have considered upgrading to fibre, however the fibre contracts are only R150 cheaper and have all sorts of restrictions and contracts etc and no free landline calls (I know most landline number are now ported to other services)

My wireless landline phone is no longer working properly, any tips, do I just get a new phone or upgrade everything?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    As far as I am aware they are stopping / have stopped installing copper lines and were they are broken or damaged in an area, not repairing if fiber is available in the area.
    You may not have a choice

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GCE View Post
    As far as I am aware they are stopping / have stopped installing copper lines and were they are broken or damaged in an area, not repairing if fiber is available in the area.
    You may not have a choice
    That is what I heard, yet I am the only person in our area not experiencing connection issues, I cant say the same for people connected to fibre. It seems the handful of us old faithful's are enjoying the use of the unloaded system, since most people have moved to fibre.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Isetech View Post
    I have an ADSL month to month contract which includes an uncapped, unlimited, and throttling, a sim card with 2 gigs of data and an unlimited Telkom to Telkom landline calls.

I have considered upgrading to fibre, however the fibre contracts are only R150 cheaper and have all sorts of restrictions and contracts etc and no free landline calls (I know most landline number are now ported to other services)

My wireless landline phone is no longer working properly, any tips, do I just get a new phone or upgrade everything?
    I have upgraded from 20 + 20 G at R399 pm to 40 + 40 G with Telkom and now pay only R199 pm as their data is cheaper. Look out for specials at Telkom. Although you may be on a 24 mth contract, they allow you to upgrade and pay less. I have upgraded twice in the last 3 years to get the benefit of the cheaper rates.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    I would go for the fibre and get voip on it. I use switchtel and am charged R49 a month plus calls. The quality over fibre is great. You can also port your landline number to voip providers.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!