Thread: How do people from South Africa feel about the russian-Ukrainian war?

Thanks

How do people from South Africa feel about the russian-Ukrainian war?

Hey there!

As many of you probably know russia invaded Ukraine February 24th.

This conflict affected me personally, because I live in Ukraine and the day of the invasion was in Kharkiv.

So, I am wondering, how do people of South Africa feel about this war?

I am located in Ukraine now and will be happy to answer your questions as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If I was to pick a single word, it would be "madness".

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    We pray for the brave people of Ukraine and we are absolutely appalled with our governments "neutral" stance.
    Your president is an absolute hero and the type of leader that every country needs.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

4. Thanks given for this post:

roadlexx (03-May-22)

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Personally I think Putin is a madman and I have "cancelled" him and every Russian person I know (they are few, but still).

I no longer support Burger King and also not Leroy Merlin.

But there are many that think just the opposite.

6. Thanks given for this post:

roadlexx (03-May-22)

Thanks
    I was also involved in a war for 10 years. We were indoctrinated into believing that our enemies were also mad men.

The war that I was involved in was also fought in another man's country. The art of war is clear that it's always advantageous to take the war to your enemy on their turf
    rather than fighting it at home.

Clearly there is massive suffering and death. All unnecessary.
    However, there is propoganda from both sides and it's very clear that the corporate media have an agenda and their reporting is biased to say the least.

Before choosing sides and voicing an opinion on Vladimir Putin and hi's character, first listen to the other side as well.

You can do well by watching the following interview until the end.
    I've watched it 3 times and have yet to make up my mind.

https://odysee.com/@jermwarfare:2/dmitry-orlov:9

Thanks
    thanks guys!

I am really glad to hear that and appreciate your support

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Before choosing sides and voicing an opinion on Vladimir Putin and hi's character, first listen to the other side as well.
    I strongly believe in evaluating situations from both sides. That is why I watch different news channels and read different publications and reports. There are sometimes more than 3 sides to a story. As far as Putin is concerned, forget about Ukraine if you wish, but look at the man's bloody history. What did he do in Chechnya and in Syria where war crimes were recorded. Bombing of hospitals and civilians. He has a history of trying to expand Russian territory and influence by supporting pro-Russian dictators. Belarus, Georgia, annexing Crimea etc.

Putin, has ruled Russia since 2000 and has created a regime under which all opposition is quashed; his opponents are murdered or eliminated by jailing them; minority rights are suppressed; press freedom suppressed: Russian misinformation and propaganda broadcast. Syria’s bloodthirsty president, Bashar Assad, enjoys direct military support for his massacres. He also has a reputation as past leader of the KGB.

So tell me my friend, what does history tell you? Is this a friendly man that promotes peace in his sphere of influence?
    If any government feels threatened (whatever lame excuse you may have) do you have the right to invade a neighbouring country and start eliminating the entire population by bombing schools, hospitals and civilian residences?

I may not like the politics of the Americans and some of the Western countries, but enough information is distributed from right and left to be able to form an informed opinion. From Russia you will only find one source of information: Putin's propaganda.

10. Thanks given for this post:

Andromeda (05-May-22)

Thanks
    The original post reads ...... How do people from South Africa feel about the russian-Ukrainian war?

I responded to the question posed and gave my opinion.

If a neighbouring territory is in the process of amassing armourments on the border and intelligence suggests that an attack is immanent then I think that an order from the commander in chief to eliminate the threat is quite appropriate. It doesn't help to say " forget about Ukraine if you wish " , It's because of the buildup of arms in the area between Ukraine and Russia, sponsored by countries outside Ukraine, that this incursion started.

Putin is doing what is expected of him, by the inhabitants of Russia, to do.

In Russia, there is law and order. Wish we, here in SA could say the same.
    Cost of living in Russia is approximately 50% of what it is in SA.
    Inflation in Russia is less than most countries on earth.

Putin must be doing something right.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if these guys supporting authoritarian "police states" or dictators have ever been in countries such as Cuba, China, Russia, Myanmar etc? It is easy to talk nonsense sitting with a beer on your stoep, but visit those countries and see for yourself.
    I've been fortunate to have travelled and seen some of it. I have met the most fantastic people, but also people living in fear of doing anything that the state may construe as unpatriotic or anti-government. Life is cheap.
    Yes, we have our own problems, such as an absolutely useless government, crime, inflation and many more, but do you really want to be told when to breathe or not?