Thread: Windows 11 is it worth it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Windows 11 is it worth it?

So we all know Microsoft is pushing Windows 11 BUT it is not good news.

The biggest problem is this TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0. Also known as fTPM for our AMD users.

The big problem is it was only introduced in October of 2014 that means if your computer is older then 8 years it may not comply and that means you are on the clock because Windows 10 will be unsupported in 2025 that is 3 years. Will Microsoft patch Windows 11 to not use TPM but i doubt they will do it.

However it is still possible "for now"

How to Bypass Windows 11's TPM, CPU and RAM Requirements

Now the above did work for me, it may not work for you or if they patch the installer it may not work at all so it is a good time to test it.

If you are a VM user please look at this, it kinda worked for me BUT i did had to do it twice over.

https://lazyadmin.nl/win-11/install-...in-virtualbox/

Now what is the "Big problem"

If you use VMs like i do it is tricky to install and upgrading my network might be a nightmare thus i suspect some of you that still use Win 8, 8.1 and 10 may run into real problems because if you are like me and need old hardware to work it may be a very good time to look at Linux again because keeping our old hardware running may become insane in very little time.

i just hope the Win11 installer don't get patched because if the above instructions doesn't work 40% of my network will need serious upgrade and WOW PC parts is scary lately.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

2. Thanks given for this post:

New Perspective studio (13-Feb-22)

Email problem
    Thanks
    While I don't really agree with indirectly forcing you to upgrade I think 3 years is a decent amount of time to get yourself up to date in terms of a PC that meets the requirements, for most people.

I also found it's better, when windows 8 and 10 were new we stuck to 7 as long as we could and let them iron out all the wrinkles of 10 regarding hardware and software issues.

By the time we came on to 10, it was ok ( way better than its beginning stages ) and there was a lot of documentation around it and a lot of ways to move your system over with no issues which as I can recall was a mess when it first started rolling out. So optimistically this is what I hope for with 11.

Right now I suspect there be a ton of ironing on Windows 11, well there already has been. Then again there was no pressure on us to make the jump immediately and for you, there may be.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Email problem
    Thanks
    This is very informative information, Got It,