I found a thread back in 2015 where this subject was discussed ... but there is no solution and as we know the rules have been changing by the week/month year to make a quick R1000 a pop

I am busy with another "test report" ...

found no earth wires on a metal light fitting with a brass holder ... it should be earthed (mounted at 2.2 m AFFL)

A bunch of metal fittings with porcelain holders mounted 3.5 m in the air ... this could get interesting ... as per I comment I read "older installations require an inspector be a little more flexible with the regs" (cant remember where I read it ... could have been the ECA website) ... the fittings were installed a long time ago.

A bunch of ceiling fans ... with porcelain lamp holders ... a ceiling fan being a fixed appliance but doesnt form part of the electrical installation ... it could explain why the person who installed them didnt feel the need to connect them at the time of installation ( 20 years ago)

From what I can last recall ... if a luminaire has a plastic lamp holder ... the fitting doesn't need to be earthed.

If it has a brass lamp holder ... an earth is required.

Throw in an older installation ... fixed appliances ... and light fittings out of arms reach ... this is a subject that some may see as a grey area.