Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No original CoC

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The safety of the electrical installation is not the electrical contractors responsibility ... so if you are smart you ... you complete your socket outlet installation and advise the customer that they need to get an Initial certificate for the electrical installation ... which will include your new socket outlet

For anyone renting a property ... this is why it is so important for you as the tenant to make sure that the owner hands you all the relevant documentation when you move into the property ... the day you move into the building ... the safety of the electrical installation becomes your responsibility.

Do renting agencies make sure the property has a valid certificate ?

I know in some of the buildings my customers rent ... I insist on a COC prior to the relocation ... some of the property management agencies also carry out a thermal inspection for insurance purposes ... lets not go there ... but at least they try.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I also found this ....

Certificate type
    Indicate whether this CoC is:

A new CoC for this installation, tick ‘Initial Certificate’, indicating that this CoC constitutes the complete and whole document, or
    An additional CoC to an existing one, tick ‘Supplementary Certificate’, which indicates that this is a partial document only, and it must be read together with an ‘Initial Certificate’ and possibly other ‘Supplementary Certificates’ for it to be valid.
    If this is an initial CoC, enter ‘N/A’ in all three spaces on the next line, or
    If this CoC is Supplementary, enter the number (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc), and the number and date of issue of the ‘Initial Certificate’.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    @Ians

Where did you find that ?
    That should be in SANS10142 or OHSA.

Derek.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Google

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Another one in my favourites collection ... would you issue an initial certificate for your part of the installation ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	8422

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    At least lightning protection was installed ... it must have been when the regs changed a few years ago and everyone got into a flat spin over lightning protection ...sales went through the roof.

It makes you wonder about regulations changes ... a family member or friend has an idea to invest in a product ... they invest a few million and suddenly there is a new regulations which forces everyone to use a specific product ... nothing would surprise me.

Load shedding ... generators ... solar ... inverter ... battery sales go through the roof ... I recall when the first round of load shedding started ... this kind of stuff makes you think.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    This is an example of why random checks should be done on all COC's ... and you as a customer have to ask yourself ... all these rules and regs ... associations and legal documents and thing is the crap we have to accept ... this by the way is not some semi skilled ... picked up at builders or on the street corner ... this is a property run by a property management group using a registered electrical company ... issuing COC's

I was called out because my customer move into this property ... the earth leakage was tripping ... this is what I found ... the bare earth connected to a piece of red wire connected to the mcb ... with red tape wrapped around it.

I dont blame the semi skilled dumped on site ... I blame the person/people who are playing all day while their teams are working on site with no supervision ... it boils down to bad management or should or should I say the lack of it.

Name:	earth live.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	8424

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Google
    Thanks. My garden boy uploaded it, so don't take it too seriously.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    These pics are the top row of the same DB in the pic below ... would you be happy adding a supplementary certificate to this Initial certificate ? I knw we are talking about no original COC ... does it help getting an original.

As a customer ... what do you do ... trust the electrical industry to test and issue a COC ... who do you trust ... DOL ... AIA ... ECA ... ECB or any other ass. ?

Then you have the insurance industry ... let me rather just leave it right here ... anyone who tried to claim will know why.

I am tired of being the Ahole in the industry ... the one who use to waste time reporting ... sits in meeting so that people cant baffle customers with bullshyte ... its about time whoever is the big chief of the electrical industry grows a set of balls and actually starts cleaning up the mess

Name:	hot spot 1.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	8425

Name:	hot spot 3.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	8426

Name:	hot spot.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	8427

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Derek ... I am not joking ... I went to google ... I typed in what I was looking for ... copied and pasted it here. I couldnt even tell you which site I got it ... I dont take note where I get the info ... maybe I should with all the new rules and laws ... it could get me into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    Thanks. My garden boy uploaded it, so don't take it too seriously.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast