Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: No original CoC

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylboy View Post
    Happy new year all!

Thanks Ians for the above. I have read that too before.

My thought now is that if I tell the client he needs a full CoC for me to install a light he will tell me where to get off.... he/she will think I am taking the piss and screwing him, I can then show him that law and he will then say "oh wow, maybe next time" and then as soon as I leave they will phone next spark as they will 99% do it anyway...

In the above it ended with to not have a dispute between client and contractor, so maybe the thing is to make a comment jn section 3 and maybe add a supplementary document stating that client was informed and it is not practicable that then what i installed (the one light) will be the original.

Once more the good guy looses out and people already hate paying for us to find a fault "as it worked yesterday" and its a grudge payment...

Edit:

I see the bit in red highlighted is for the houses mentioned in that time line... then the last bit I feel is then for every other property which should have a CoC so then I see it as if we make out socket circuit the original and in comments state that original is not around and client has been recommended to get one done.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

It is simple ... the person who wants the work done is responsible for the electrical installation ... no original COC ... no COC is issued for additions "pending original COC" ... if they dont produce an original you dont issue supplementary COC ... eventually if the property is ever sold a COC will be issued for the entire property including the plug you fitted

Think about ... at the price of twin +e ... its cheaper to get a COC than it is to get a socket outlet installed.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

2. Thanks given for this post:

Dylboy (05-Jan-22)

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    It is simple ... the person who wants the work done is responsible for the electrical installation ... no original COC ... no COC is issued for additions "pending original COC" ... if they dont produce an original you dont issue supplementary COC ... eventually if the property is ever sold a COC will be issued for the entire property including the plug you fitted

Think about ... at the price of twin +e ... its cheaper to get a COC than it is to get a socket outlet installed.
    Ahhhhh I see! Didn't think that route but yes I feel that is the way to go then!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    First things first... Theres no way you can issue a supplement COC if there is no Initial. Now regulation states clearly that all work must be completed in such a manner that a COC can be issued for that work. Meaning if we add one plug to an installation that does not have a Initial COC, and customer requires a coc you will be issuing yours as the initial for the work that you have done. There is no risk involve here because as mentioned a COC is there to cover your ass. So in section3 (the part that you are liable for) there will be a description of what you certify and if required you can add Annexures to even supplement your COC. Now very important is to also issue a Annex H to the customer if you know of any other dangers on the property as its his responsibility to maintain it safe.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456