When the Titanic was about to sink some took action and tried to herd people to the lifeboats and get the lifeboats off the ship. MANY OF THEM DIED TRYING TO SAVE AS MANY AS POSSIBLE...
Many people just stood around complaining about having to go down dark stairwells whilst skirting people going in the opposite direction and they also complained about having to step over dead bodies....MANY SURVIVED....

I tip my hat to the 1st group!

There is a fundamental lesson in all of this: When the $h!t hits the fan...as it does in wars / holocausts / pandemics etc a number of people will just step aside and take no active part. They will complain throughout and when the battle is over they will declare that they were right all along irrespective of the outcome.

I am always intrigued by the "But what about them" argument.... It is interesting how people try to negate their own responsibilities using this flawed argument.
We have a choice in life: We can step up and try to get others to the lifeboats or we can just stand around complaining....

The way I see it:

I am the guy that will run into the burning house to rescue the kid because that is my nature...whilst many will stand around complaining about the quality of their selfies - that is their nature.

This reminds me of the army - there are always people who do nothing but complain no matter what is happening. They are most likely to survive (or get shot in the back)...not because the fought a good battle but because they stuck their head in the sand.

The bottom line to the entire debate comes down to this question: (Star Trek)
Do the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few? :
The Covid vaccine debate shows that a minority have no regard for the needs of the many by stepping aside and blaming the many for whatever the outcome. (Although they are they themselves are part of The Many)