Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South African Omicron

Diamond Member
    Thanks

South African Omicron

For the first time since the start of Covid ... we have a positive case in our house ... my wife has tested positive and is not doing so well but also not to a point that she requires hospitalisation ... she has been double jabbed a couple months ago and dragged me along with her ... my daughter has not been jabbed ... I did seek advice from a highly recommended doctor and followed up on the advice and will be contacting the doctor again today.

it seems everyone I have contacted has already had cases.

I have lost family and friends and now that it is on my doorstep ... it just seems so real ... just gonna take a day at a time and deal with it.

I have been following this fella ... to understand what is going on ... he breaks it down in simple terms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XOe...r.JohnCampbell
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

2. Thanks given for this post:

Edw1605 (27-Dec-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We just taking it a day at a time ... still in isolation ... perfect opportunity to catch up with the new regs and stuff ... doing a lot of reading.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Ian
    Sorry to hear about your wife, hopefully she will recover quickly.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

5. Thanks given for this post:

ians (17-Dec-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    A question : if I am still not showing symptoms and had the double jab ... how long do I have to isolate ?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    10 - 14 days

The idea with isolation is that even if you show no symptoms you may be carrying the virus and thus run the risk of transmitting it to others. You should not be able to pass the virus on to another person after 14 days because your own body should have been able to take care of it by that time.

The important point is that we could carry and transmit the virus even though we don't show symptoms.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We have many friends and family that move about internationally - I am not going to list the number of people that we know that have become sick, have gotten stuck in various countries across the world or have had their friends or family die from the virus.

Hell, even my worker and his family spent the past 10 days in isolation (which I sponsored financially)

This new strain of the virus moves very quickly.

My wife's return flight to the UK on the 13th is about to be cancelled - BA has cancelled many flights around that time already. France has already banned UK nationals from entering the country.

We have a 22 year old friend that got sick overnight last week and she isn't doing well at all. -People have to be REALLY STUPID not to take this pandemic seriously.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We have all been in isolation and sent everyone home (full pay) since my wifes positive test results (it has been almost a week) ... my daughter started showing symptoms yesterday and I am still not showing symptoms.

I stay out the house as much as possible ... catching up with work in the office ... doing a lot of reading ... and plan to finish off a few DIY projects around the house.

I plan to go back to site on Monday if I am still not showing symptoms ... the site will be empty so I can continue to isolate ... I can work on my own and finish off what I started ... any materials I need I will get delivered and make the delivery guy aware so that he doesnt ask me to sign the invoice or a delivery note.

10. Thanks given for this post:

adrianh (17-Dec-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Staff will only be back on the 5 Jan 2022.

12. Thanks given for this post:

adrianh (17-Dec-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Take care - the only thing one can really do is to treat the symptoms...as one does with flu. One should be careful to ensure that the virus doesn't convert to a full sinus or chest infection. A saline nasal spray does wonders to keep the sinusses clear (this aids to make you blow your nose more often) and if your throat is a bit sore then gargling with diluted TCP helps to kill any bugs before they get a hold.

The Omicron variant seems to come and go quickly so your family should get over it in a couple of days.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    You should not be able to pass the virus on to another person after 14 days because your own body should have been able to take care of it by that time.
    Exactly

Your own body should take care of it.
    If you are allergic to the dead virus and spike protein after your body has taken care of it, then steroids and anti histamines sort that out sharp, sharp.
    No need for 2 jabs and countless boosters.

Have a lekker weekend

Peace out ... Derek

PS: Never before in the history of mankind has a healthy person ( in other words an asymptomatic person) been able to spread any respiratory illness.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast