Thread: Racism

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Racism

This is a topic I dont like to get involved in but today it came home with my 13 year old daughter and I need to address it and put a stop to it right now.

My daughter gets excited to hook up with her mates in the morning ... they include more black kids than white kids ... I encourage her to mix with all races and want her to learn zulu.

My question to this forum ... how do you deal with this problem at school ... she has never had an issue with any of her friends ... but apparently one of the black children in her group have started making comment about stuff that seems is discussed at home ... she has this thing now where everytime something doesnt go her way ... she blurts out "is it because I black" and turned around to my daughter today and said she is a racist ... my daughter doesnt understand how to deal with it ... she has always had black friends and now it like this one is making like all white people are racists.

How do you deal with this issue?

It is the last day of school tomorrow and she moves away for the school next year ... so approaching the school about it is not going to help.

After chatting to some other people today ... apparently this is going to become a huge problem in high school.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    What a kid learn from their parents often shape the rest of their lives. Always finding fault with other people, moaning about everything sets a bad example and creates a bad attitude towards life. We have become much more self-centred in modern life and uBuntu and love they neighbour has flown out the window.

I would encourage her to keep a positive attitude and be friendly with everyone. Ignore the bad apples. When accused of racism, don't get into an argument, but let her black friends defend her. Unfortunately we live in a cruel world and we have to deal with the unsavoury characters as well.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...