Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
After many hours of reading the new ed 3.1 regs ... I realised that Annexure 1 is missing.

There is a test report which includes medical and hazardous locations ... but no actual COC in accordance with 7(1) of the electrical installation regulations 2009.

Yes, correct. Ed 3 did not intend on changing EI nor can a Standard supercede a Reg. The Reg is still as of EI of 2009.

Which I have noted in another thread ... the "test report" (not inspection report)

DO you still need a COC as per Annexure 1 or do you just issue a test report ?

Indeed, one still needs a one pager COC as per Annex 1 of the Electrical Installation Regulations of 2009 and that has not been changed.

I am still issuing the old 4 page yellow document and nobody seems to object. I still have a2 books of them from back when I bought a pile of them.

The correct thing would be to use the COC, which Annex 1 and attach New Test report as per Ed 3.

So when a customer contacts you for a COC ... do they just get a test report ?
Annex 1 of the EI and the new test report as per Ed 3. Operational as at 1 August 2021 , 12 months from publication of the 2020 Ed 3.

A note

Indeed, there is a room for improvement in information dissemination regarding changes to these standards. It's a challenge to us in the industry to have forums and platforms where we try to make sense of these changes.

Unfortunately, writing and researching about OHS is a bit limited, there is need for conscientisation from supply utilities, users including estate agents as well as competent persons.

We need to write more about it outside confines of the Associations.

Not sure if I have used this App quote appropriately ...

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk