Another example of really crap product support

It cant be that difficult to connect 2 LED pool lights and make them work together ... until I installed 2 spektra light aqua 150 colour lights in a pool and tried to get them to be the same colour when you switch them on.

We installed an ASC and 2 x remote receivers and an isolating pool transformer and 2 lights ... thats were the fun began.

The power goes from the 10 amp breaker to the ASC ... from the ASC relay contact to the transformer ... from the transformer to the N/C contact of the sentry receiver ... from the other side of the N/C contact to the lights ... each light has a separate sentry relay.

How it is suppose to work ... You active the relay in the ASC ... the lights switch on ... take note of the colour of light 1 or 2 ... press the button on the remote to switch it off and allow the other light to roll until they are the same ...then you switch off the ASC and switch it back on ... perfect the lights come on the same colour ... do it 3 time switch ... switch on and it works ... switch the lights off the switch them back on 3 days later ... they are flashing and different colours ... like the capacitor inside the light discharged or something.

My thoughts were to power the transformer and leave it powered all the time ... switch only the live or neutral on the output on the transformer.

I tried contacting speck pumps to get 2 demo lights so that I can try figue it out in my workshop ... without making absolute toss of myself on site using their product.

Or get them to do the tests ... well here we sit months later ... the customer is pissed ( I dont blame them)

It look like I am going to order 2 lights ... pay for them ... do my experiments and return the lights for a credit ... what an absolute F%^ around.