Thread: speck pump pool LED pool lights

Diamond Member
    Thanks

speck pump pool LED pool lights

Another example of really crap product support

It cant be that difficult to connect 2 LED pool lights and make them work together ... until I installed 2 spektra light aqua 150 colour lights in a pool and tried to get them to be the same colour when you switch them on.

We installed an ASC and 2 x remote receivers and an isolating pool transformer and 2 lights ... thats were the fun began.

The power goes from the 10 amp breaker to the ASC ... from the ASC relay contact to the transformer ... from the transformer to the N/C contact of the sentry receiver ... from the other side of the N/C contact to the lights ... each light has a separate sentry relay.

How it is suppose to work ... You active the relay in the ASC ... the lights switch on ... take note of the colour of light 1 or 2 ... press the button on the remote to switch it off and allow the other light to roll until they are the same ...then you switch off the ASC and switch it back on ... perfect the lights come on the same colour ... do it 3 time switch ... switch on and it works ... switch the lights off the switch them back on 3 days later ... they are flashing and different colours ... like the capacitor inside the light discharged or something.

My thoughts were to power the transformer and leave it powered all the time ... switch only the live or neutral on the output on the transformer.

I tried contacting speck pumps to get 2 demo lights so that I can try figue it out in my workshop ... without making absolute toss of myself on site using their product.

Or get them to do the tests ... well here we sit months later ... the customer is pissed ( I dont blame them)

It look like I am going to order 2 lights ... pay for them ... do my experiments and return the lights for a credit ... what an absolute F%^ around.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I spent many years in this industry working with Penguin Pools...until Speck Pumps killed the industry with their crap products. (They undercut everybody until everybody left the industry and they were then the last man standing with garbage that they quickly overpriced) This synchronization issue is one of those problems that can be easily solved with lateral thinking (which I know how to do-I can resolve the sync issue in an instant with existing technology-Not Speck Pumps Sync - a new product) I am convinced that the solution could make a huge amount of money in the right hands.....but alas...the idea will just have to stay in the bottom drawer. The problem is that if a little guy does it and the idea gets out the likes of Speck Pumps will just trash whomever develops the product.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I was talking to someone today and they said the same thing ... this problem with the speck pump RGB lights is a lot bigger than my silly issues.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Speck pump pool lights are crap and everybody in the industry knows it (...have known it for years) - Unfortunately their overpriced garbage is kinda the de-facto standard due to their reach into the market along with their other products. There is simply nothing else left in the market.