Thread: Supplementary COC ( Question )

Thanks

Supplementary COC ( Question )

Hi All

I recently did a generator installation with change over etc.

This property was recently purchased.

I needed to issue a supplementary COC for the work that we carried out.

I requested a copy of the initial COC so that I could issue a supplementary only to find out that the COC issued for the transfer to go through
    was marked supplementary certificate.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is the COC issued and marked supplementary a valid COC ?
    2. Can one issue a supplementary COC to a supplementary COC ?

Thanks in advance.

Peace out .. Derek.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    That is interesting hahah. I am not sure !
    I believe you can have as many supplementary certificates to the main certificate.
    For example one year a socket extention thus a supplementary certificate for that work and then 3 years later another circuit added then a supplementary to the main.

So in essence all needs to be supplementary to the main or initial certificate.

Now that your "initial CoC" is marked as supplementary thats is some other kettle of fish.

I would perhaps mark it as supplementary to that one but make a note of it that the initial could no be found thus you are treating the first supplementary as the initial.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Maybe there is no original coc? The supplementary coc must refer to original. Maybe...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Logically one would think a supplementary CoC must reference the CoC (or CoC's) it is supplemental to.

I suggest it also seems sensible that a Section 9.2.(b) certificate on an existing installation could be a supplemental CoC to the initial 9.2.(a) CoC and any number of 9.2.(c) CoC's issued thereon...

And there is a valid reason for the 9.2.(b) CoC's existence given that a CoC older than two years may not be used for the transfer.

Thanks
    Conclusion:

I informed the new owners that the Coc they had received from the attorneys was not a valid coc.

They took it up with said attorneys.

The oke ( cannot call him an electrician ) who issuid the supplementary was ordered by the attorneys to re-inspect the property and issue a valid coc.

He then came back on site, inspected the installation and included the generator installation that I did on the new initial coc.

It just goes to show, the attorneys don't even read the documents. It's yellow, it must be ok. A joke.

Derek.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My neighbour is selling ... I advised them to get an inspection report (after all my reading today I believe it is called a "test report") ... his response ... the estate agent includes it in their fee ... I informed him that it is impossible that they would issue a COC included in the fee ... he has since come back to me and informed me that they have since changed the wording to ... they will do an inspection and issue a report with the cost to do any repairs if required ... I have a feeling I know who is going to be carrying out the "test report" ... so I have asked the him to give me the test report so that I can make sure the new owner is going to get a valid COC.

I have also advised him to make sure the test report is not a brief description of the repairs ... it must be a detailed report with a list of failed readings and exact location of the issues listed ..then we will get someone in to do the repairs and get the inspector back so that he can issue the COC
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.