Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammond pole attorneys

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Hammond pole attorneys

This company has been harassing me for almost 2 years ... so I contact them today and ask what the f^&k.

I was going to do it way I did it with the last attorney firm ... you contact them request to speak an attorney ... go through the process as if you was them to take on a case for you ... you waste their time as much as possible ...stalling and stretching the request out as long possible ... when you eventually get through to an attorney you tell them you want them to take on the case to sue their company for harassment ... you want to hear an attorney swear ... try it ... it gave me great pleasure.

Let this be a warning to Hammond pole attorneys ... let this SMS come through to my number again ... I will be make a point of contacting one of your Attroneys to fu^&k you around and waste your time .. then start on your facebook page ... I find companies are very responsive when you have at them on their facebook page.

https://www.hammondpole.co.za/

https://www.facebook.com/HammondPoleAttorneys/

Get your facts correct before bullying or harassing people day in and day out.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Use TrueCaller - It blocked 4 spam calls from Telkom on my phone today and 4 on my eldest daughter's phone as well. They keep phoning us because the contract expired.

I said this before - I will pay 10x the price for TrueCaller because it blocks such people automatically (You can unblock them if you really want to)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Use TrueCaller - It blocked 4 spam calls from Telkom on my phone today and 4 on my eldest daughter's phone as well. They keep phoning us because the contract expired.

I said this before - I will pay 10x the price for TrueCaller because it blocks such people automatically (You can unblock them if you really want to)
    My home phone has been down and up for quite some time now, and when it is up and running, it is crossed lines with the local bottle store, so the damn thing rings all day. Every morning we take the phone off hook to prevent the constant ringing.

Anyway Telkom called twice, the number was shown as spam so never answered.

I then later in the day received a SMS from Telkom saying that they tried to call me in connection with the line, and since I did not answer have taken as the fault cleared.
    So much for knowing which numbers are spam.

So there again I am having to log a new fault call
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    I then later in the day received a SMS from Telkom saying that they tried to call me in connection with the line, and since I did not answer have taken as the fault cleared.
    I think that this is terribly presumptuous of them - You could have been in in the bathroom!

Okay, I will stop punting TrueCaller - It works for me and if other people choose to receive SPAM calls then that is their choice.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post

If a number like 021 9446821 or 012 4930387 will it show as a spam caller or call centre ?

Normally I ignore numbers like 0875759408 or NO ID because I know they are from call centres.

I have an iphone which has block number ... what I do is as I receive these spam numbers I just block them ... the problem is the 012 9446821 is a call centre from Hammond pole attorney.

A question ... if you get really verbally abusive and I mean really sick shyte ... could you be arrested ? or do they just put your number up on a board and warn all the women in the call centre not to call your number ?

I am so tired of these spam calls ... its invading my privacy and I believe I should also have rights ... It hinders my work during the day and wastes my customers time and money ... surely we as the public have rights ?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    This is according to TrueCaller (I just typed the numbers on my phone and TrueCaller came up with the names).

021 9446821 - Telkom Spam
    012 4930387 - Cripto Scam
    0875759408 - FNB Customer Care
    012 9446821 - Debt Collect Spam

You can download TrueCaller and install the free version (on Android) to see how it works. The way it works is this: People report all sorts of numbers into a huge database. The number is accompanied by a person or company name and whether it is spam or not. I can report any number and so can you. The whole thing is driven by the public. I am yet to phone any number that isn't recognized - as soon as I type the number TrueCaller comes up and shows me the company or Person's name. Likewise, if the phone rings then the company or person name shows up while the phone rings. If a number had been reported from spam many times then (You can allow or disallow {all or some}) TrueCaller to Auto-block the number or to let the number ring. It is all up to you. So you see, TrueCaller only knows what the public tells it.

We received 3 calls from FNB on Friday - they were all blocked as SPAM. I had to phone FNB after I unblocked the number. One also has to be vigilant - If you expect a call from a company that is notorious for spamming then you have to unblock the number when you see that they are trying to call you with legitimate business - You can't have your cake and eat it - TrueCaller can't smell that the 1 call is legit out of 500 spam calls!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @adrianH Agreed, I was simply stating that there is a possibility that some one may have reported the number as spam, just as with Hellopeter.
    In the case of True caller, the legit number does not know if someone has reported it, as there is no feedback

I use the free version of Truecaller, and even then it helps me a lot to avoid the spam calls.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    What I notice is that they spam you now with SMSs. You can not block those yet.

I have some crowd MBS or MCS attorneys or something like that harassing me that I owe Vodacom R795.00 or something and to pay immediately.
    I am on a Dr order so there is no chance that I owe that money, and even if they want to cancel the service, please go ahead as I have no bloody idea what they are going on about.
    Number has been blocked, and email spam filter is on, but SMS, that is still away through. I simply delete them. The other problem is that the SMS source number changes all the time so may be difficult to have an app to delete immediately.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    @adrianH Agreed, I was simply stating that there is a possibility that some one may have reported the number as spam, just as with Hellopeter.
    In the case of True caller, the legit number does not know if someone has reported it, as there is no feedback

I use the free version of Truecaller, and even then it helps me a lot to avoid the spam calls.
    For sure - there is a risk that legitimate numbers get reported as spam. Although one does have the ability to update the details of a number on the main database. I ended up paying the subs as a once a year payment because the one thing that I hate as much as spam is advertising. With the subs paid I now get zero ads ever inside TrueCaller.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    TrueCaller blocks SMS as well if you allow it to. Those people are the same f....krs who go after people for TV licenses - they are scumbags of note... Paid TrueCaller has more options than the free version.

The SMS source is a problem because companies use long fake numbers - Some companies use different numbers all the time. Capitec sends spam on the same number as your banking transactions so that is a right pain and there is nothing you can do about it.

It also recognizes Whatsapp numbers - We have quite a large Neighborhood Watch Group and whenever anybody posts TrueCaller shows me the person's name and surname. This is very handy when you get Whatsapp calls or messages out of the blue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast