Thread: Could this be why unemployment is so high

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Could this be why unemployment is so high

People say to me ... if you are so busy ... why not just employ more people ... there are not just thousands of unemployed people ... actually millions.

I have had my fair share of this kind of crap in the past 30 years ... in fact it is another reason why I down scaled.

I am sure others on this platform could share a few scary experiences

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mreA...el=MorningShot
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    That guy is a disgusting SCUMBAG!!!!!!!

My worker once again phoned in sick this morning. He seems to have a "stomach bug" every Monday morning. I think its time that he no longer officially works on a Monday. He phones in sick 3 out of every 4 Mondays.

I find this nonsense interesting because we increased his wage. Not coming one day a week negates the increase - I suppose he likes the old wage.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    We have a basic code of conduct in place .
    If the guys are absent without 2 days warning or continually absent on a Monday we call them in and have a disciplinary hearing, issue a final warning and it is not long and they are absent again , another disciplinary hearing and out the door.
    I have been to CCMA and won each case without to much of an issue .

The basic conditions state that if he is absent for one day he does not need a sick certificate so you need to work around it.
    The act also states that if he is off "sick" a 2nd time in an 8 week period he must produce a sick certificate otherwise it is absenteeism. The guy that is off regularly on a Monday must produce certificates which adds another expense for his late night shenanigan's.
    Have had the sick certificate story tested by CCMA and won the case.

We generally find that when the absenteeism of an employee increases it is not long and he is fingered with theft.
    We also found when we tightened up on " Monday sickness" and Alcohol testing every Monday we reduced our niggle injuries at the workplace.

It is not worth keeping the problem kids employed , there are plenty of people walking the streets looking for work, that want to work.

4. Thanks given for this post:

adrianh (11-Oct-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    A while back I decided to grow a little bigger ... employed a person who had a file full of certificates ... I thought wow the lad has made an effort to qualify and further his studies ... give him an opportunity to grow with us.

Every time I went to site ... he was in the toilet ... eventually I decided to sit and wait for him to return from the toilet ... turns out he was leaving the labourers to do his job and spent the mornings at the shopping centre ... so I fired him ... it turns out all his certificates borders were the same and that's were he messed up ... he didn't change the date ... I opened a case of fraud ... When ever I run into him ... he threatens to kill me ... I don't take these threats lightly ... I have heard of many cases were employees have returned and murdered the employee.

Like this bully in the video ... the only upside to a video like this ... he is pretty screwed because it would be self defense protecting yourself against him ... he wouldn't stand a chance in court ... this video clearly shows that he is a violent aggressive bully ... maybe a gang member ? Maybe the next video will be a drive by shooting ?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Every time I went to site ... he was in the toilet ...
    I had one guy who would be in the toilet all the time.....texting on Whatsapp. (Because I shat on him for always having his phone in his hand)

He would always be on Whatsapp no matter what we did - He would have the phone in the one hand and the drill in the other on top of a ladder. I got rid of him when he crashed the CNC because he was faffing on Whatsapp rather than paying attention to the machine.

(26 year old white guy - pleasant enough....he was simply unable to kick the Whatsapp habit)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    been there done that ... it got so bad at one point that all smart devices were banned from site ... working with the youngster on site I ask him to go fetch something ... I was busy on a DB ... I looked down ... there he was on the phone again ... I had enough finished up what I was busy with ... took him back to the workshop and watched that nothing left the workshop with him.

We later realised that those little things that seem to get misplaced ... you know when you put it down in a specific place but when you went to look for it ... it was gone.

2 things I dont tolerate theft and a liar.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Went to see what the fuss is about and found the video is no longer available due to a defamation complaint.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Interesting, it was up an running yesterday.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Reading the comments, it isn't hard to guess who laid the complaint. It did make me think a bit about the effectiveness of social media to expose a**holes though.