Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: South African Digital vaccine certificate goes live on 10/10/2021

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Apparently the site is up, but DNS because of too many people trying to get in.
    Over 300K certificates issued in an hour.

Was listening on the radio, and when selecting the jab, they are referred to by the manufacturer and not the vaccine name.
    Also was said to use the code on the card given as this then brings up all your info. Not sure what that is. I will a couple of days and then will try.
    I will also try in a couple of days - I entered both the VPB codes but my details don't come up. There are two VPB codes, one RX code and 2 batch numbers on my card.

It remains to be seen whether the government will actually enforce the usage of the Vaccine Passport (internally) nationally given that South Africans are so totally obtuse. It is easy to enforce for international travel but internally I can't see it happening. Too many people in this country just do whatever the f they want so I think the whole thing is going to be moot!

BTW: I notice another blank post from my "Ignore List"

I will post a picture to fill the blank.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	antivax-1.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	8312

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I have had both jabs ... still not convinced I did the right thing ... "the jab will set you free" ... as I mentioned ... i did it because I thought it was going to set me free ... but more important ... I hate wearing a mask and because I interact with a lot people on a daily basis and thought it would be the right thing to do for my customers and family ... but now I have to wait for the other 60 % of people in SA to get jabbed first ... from what I hear when chatting to staff for example ... they have no intention of getting a jab and like one said ... none of his family or friends plan to go for the jab ... and heres the thing ... as he mentioned nobody in his family has died from covid so what the big deal.

Each person to their own ... get the jab or dont.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Each person to their own ... get the jab or dont.
    That is not how vaccines work!

A dog with rabies will transmit rabies to other dogs and it will kill its bite victim ( It is not the dog's fault that it gets rabies and its not the victim's fault that he dies - it is the fault of the anti-vaxxer! )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123