View Poll Results: Should SA have early general elections?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Yes - the sooner the better.

8 30.77%
  • No - 2009 is close enough.

9 34.62%
  • Doesn't matter - nothing is going to change anyway.

9 34.62%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should SA have an early general election?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moneymaker View Post
    My concern for SA is that JZ will use state funds as his personal source of capital.....

Let's see what happens this weekend in Zim?
    I think the outcome of the Zim elections are quite obvious, Zim needs change in Leadership but uncle Bob is on a mission to hang on to Power for as long as possible, which is not doing his beloved Country any good, the sooner he realises that Zim needs that change the better but clearly that is not the case given his latest stunts to score votes even from the dead.

I've seen Mogan's campaigns on SA channels, since he cant use Zim channels to campaign but I dont see that helping in any way, yes Zim people are abundant in SA but will they go home to cast their votes, have they registered? I think not.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Arresting a helicopter pilot who coincidentally flies the opposition leader to rallies, giving away cars and promising tractors, printing extra ballot papers, putting polling stations in areas where there are no voters...

What's wrong with that?

Suspended
    Thanks
    I think that the earlier the better. We need to put an end to the ANC talking out of two mouths, namely Thabo and Jacob. Firm, directional and trustworthy leadership needs to be instated to go forward. I am sure that this would lead to a firmer value within our total Economy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I've been amazed at how even the poll result has been.

Thanks
    Just been speaking to my Son in London. He says there is a huge support for JZ and it seems there is even a demo thing going on.

Probably find this is a result of Mbeki telling the British and Americans off for interfering in the Zim elections.

If that is the case I would imagine there is a negative effect on the economy. I don't know if they are playing a waiting game for Zuma's court case but the sooner there is an election, the sooner we may see an upswing from our current financial woes. Certainly there will be some direction and decision from what we have seen already in the background.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    A few things got me thinking about this thread again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marq View Post
    Just been speaking to my Son in London. He says there is a huge support for JZ and it seems there is even a demo thing going on.
    I had an acquaintance from the UK over last night. He was well aware of the Zimbabwe issue, but his awareness in respect of JZ and Thabo was pretty low - only that they (or someone from SA) had something to do with resolving the crisis. There was certainly no awareness of the corruption charges or our internal political games of the moment.

But more on topic
    Quote Originally Posted by Marq View Post
    I don't know if they are playing a waiting game for Zuma's court case...
    I haven't been scanning the news quite as closely as usual, but a few rumblings have caught my ear. One is that there is apparently some sentiment within the ANC that pushing forward the elections might be a good idea given the current shuffling going on. The other was "Kill for Zuma" Julius saying that even if JZ is convicted in the corruption trial, he will still be President

Thanks
    I think there are a few camps on the UK side of the world - the original brits, who are dwindling in volume, Asians and Imports and a huge contingent of Saffers. My Son would have been referring to the last contingent, who in true SA style would know everything - wouldn't they?.

Remember the cartoons that came out with the JZ - 'shower a day keeps bugs away'. I can see them going to town on this one too. Just as JZ thought he was clean now after all those showers and getting some respectable campaign going. I am sure he needed this joker to remind the world of his situation. Not a very good political posture unless of course we do not realise it and Julius's name is actually Judas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123