View Poll Results: Should SA have early general elections?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Yes - the sooner the better.

8 30.77%
  • No - 2009 is close enough.

9 34.62%
  • Doesn't matter - nothing is going to change anyway.

9 34.62%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should SA have an early general election?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Because they can't wait for JZ to be our State President
    Maybe Helen Zille is hoping to be his seventh wife?
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbiedle View Post
    I do not see what good an early election will do. Why are the DA asking for it?
    One thing that I picked up from hellen Zielle is that she has no respect for JZ whatsoever, she seems to think that with JZ in Power ANC will cramble cos she seems top believe that JZ is Stupid, It is either she's ignorant or Stupid herself because ANC as far as I know is and will not be run by JZ, the party is a Collective. Thabo Mbeki became President because the ANC wanted him to be, he messed up and the same ANC brought him Down, JZ will be president because ANC wants him to be and it would be very stupid of him if he did what Thabo did because he would certainly go down the same way Thabo did.

I agree, DA is not anywhere near a "Take Overr", and it would take long before they do. It is now very important for the ANC to go back to the people and reassured them.

But I must say, honestly I have no faith in the current NEC, I believe its a team of people who have always wanted to be in power on the basis that they are struggle icons.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    But I must say, honestly I have no faith in the current NEC, I believe its a team of people who have always wanted to be in power on the basis that they are struggle icons.
    I echo your opinion, they seem to think they can lie and get away with it. I hate listening to interviews with any of them. As soon as they get questioned about the disbanding of the scorpions and their "hidden" agenda or some similar issues, they start talking in circles. No straight answers.
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatmaster View Post
    I echo your opinion, they seem to think they can lie and get away with it. I hate listening to interviews with any of them. As soon as they get questioned about the disbanding of the scorpions and their "hidden" agenda or some similar issues, they start talking in circles. No straight answers.
    I agree with you, the last interview I saw was that of Mathews Phosa with Debra Patta, the man was talking Riddles. I still wonder why he decided to make a come back because it is so disapointing......

When Asked about the Kgampepe commission he made it quite clear that the findings are of no relevance therefore asthe new Leadership of the ANC, they still want to do away with the Scorpion's freedom from the SAPS, when asked the real reason behind this he ofcause had to sight the annoying Cleche "Abuse of Power", asked as to has abused this power by using the Scorpions to fight political Battles he was really afraid to come out and say "Thabo Mbeki" and his Cabinet.....My question is, "Are they not abusing Power by disbanding the Scorpions knowing that they are currently working on cases that involve a number of their own comrades (Those who have recently risen to Power)?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    My question is, "Are they not abusing Power by disbanding the Scorpions knowing that they are currently working on cases that involve a number of their own comrades (Those who have recently risen to Power)?
    It would certainly seem that way.

There is a substantial difference between the concerns that gave rise to the Kgampepe commission and the concerns being raised now. Particularly when we look at who is raising those concerns.

Originally it was the police who were complaining of duplication and obstruction (withholding information) of them carrying out their duties, coincidentally whilst one of their own was enjoying the spotlight of scrutiny by the Scorpions.

Now it is the political party apparatus of the ANC that has a "concern." And if we look at who is under the Scorpion microscope, who do we find?

I think the issue of the party being the political force rather than the politicians themselves is worthy of some debate. It certainly has become a big problem.

Under the current system, the party appoints the politicians to take up the various seats available. This forces the politicians to toe the party line and gives them very little latitude to use their own judgement when voting on issues.

You have to wonder why we need to be paying 400 politicians to sit in parliament when only a few of them have the power to make decisions!

Thanks
    The irony is that everyone, including themselves know they are lying and the real reason for them to disband the unit. The general public do not agree with disbanding the Scorpions but they still do as they please. In this case they are NOT doing what their employers (voters) are telling them to do, because they know the Scorpions are messing up their agendas. They will simply keep on ignoring this and continue like stupid little kids ensuring that they get political power over the unit. That is the only reason they want it incorporated under the police, so they know that whoever runs the unit reports to them.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatmaster View Post
    The general public do not agree with disbanding the Scorpions but they still do as they please
    Thats the funny part about Politicians, come time for "Election Campaigns" they will be running around communities and telling them how "The People Shall Govern", as soon as they get in to power they through that out of the window until such time they need the people again.

Thanks
    It is almost as if they believe they are royalty the moment they step into a position of power, amazing if you think that they are actually our servants. Mmmmmmmm thinking about that statement, perhaps I have it completely wrong! We are their servants! I mean they do as they please and if they mess up we have to pay for it to be fixed. Sounds more like children...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Releasing the Khampepe commission's report on the Scorpions at this juncture will "cause prejudice" to South Africa's national security, says President Thabo Mbeki.

In a letter faxed to the Democratic Alliance (DA) on Wednesday night, Mbeki's office refused the DA's request in terms of the Promotion of Access to Information Act for access to the report.

In the letter, deputy information officer in the Presidency Sibongile Sigodi said the Act allowed for a request to be refused if disclosure "will cause prejudice to the defence, security and international relations of the Republic".

Mbeki intended to release the report at "an appropriate time without compromising the defence, security and international relations of the Republic", she said.
    full report from M&G here
    The possibility that releasing the report might embarrass the drive to have the Scorpions disbanded has nothing to do with it, of course

Thanks
    My concern for SA is that JZ will use state funds as his personal source of capital.....

Let's see what happens this weekend in Zim?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast