Thread: SAGE

Thanks

SAGE

Good Day;
    I need some advise with regards to errors by previous staff. I have taken over the bookkeeping at a company there have been staff in this position that clearly did not have the accounting knowledge and some with just pure lack of concentration that left me with errors upon errors that just carried from one financial year on the balances to the next. My question is has anyone been faced with something similar and how did you resolve it? in the quikest way possible as it is affecting my current work with regards to the balances and time to peruse all the records. Nominal accounts started the year with a balance which as we know should have started with a zero balance each year! financial statements have been prepared for these passed years. so i'm at my wits end wrt the quikest way to solve this.
    can i not just get pastel to wipe the balances and start of a fresh with the correct balances and the respective zero accounts?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Hi Duran

Which Sage product are you running?
    There are options - In Pastel Partner, we could clear all opening balances for the prior year and you could then do take-on balances as at 1 March 2020 (Assuming Feb YE). You would need to compile the correct balances for Debtors, Creditors, Stock (Qty and cost, if used) and the GL accounts. This would take a bit of time and would incur some consulting fees/costs. You are welcome to PM me for further information.
    Kevin Smith
    Sage Pastel Support Consultant
    KS Consulting
    www.ksconsulting.co.za